WIN!!! BATFE Backs out of proposed new rules on SBR's!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Just caught the tail end of a piece on it a few minutes ago. Action comes after 90 members of Congress complained about the proposed rule making for the same reason all of us had problems with it. Sorry I don't have a link at the moment.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/b...istol-brace-objective-factors-classification/

“TTAG has learned that the final straw that persuaded the ATF to back down and withdraw the guidance was serious pressure applied by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. A call took place over the weekend involving a number of firearms industry companies and McConnell’s office.

McConnell’s subsequent involvement in the matter, along with fast and furious (to coin a phrase) activism from the gun rights community in opposition to the ATF’s proposed move were what resulted in this evening’s win."

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    It occurs to me that this huge response might (fingers crossed) make Bidet and comrade Harris rethink their "ban everything that goes bang" promises when they are elevated to their thrones next month. One can only hope...

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    It occurs to me that this huge response might (fingers crossed) make Bidet and comrade Harris rethink their "ban everything that goes bang" promises when they are elevated to their thrones next month. One can only hope...

Well, he is already backtracking on immigration "reform" and student loan "forgiveness". The far left will probably become more unhinged before January 20th - gonna need a bigger tub of popcorn.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Disband ATF

Disband the democrat party. Fire every government employee who doesn't support the Constitution, as written and amended, and shoot everyone of those bastards who have deliberately violated our constitutional rights.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I doubt it. They have no problem forging ahead.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I doubt it. They have no problem forging ahead.

Knowing how bureaucracy works, it's almost certain that they'll eventually be releasing formal, deterministic guidance. The current "we know it when we see it" method of deciding what's legal and what costs 10 years in Club Fed, is broken.

The still open question is what that revised guidance will be. Hopefully they realized what they tried to issue went way too far, while at the same time still leaving too many ambiguities for manufacturers and firearms owners to be able to clearly identify what's legal and what's not. The "fix" was as bad as, or worse than, the problem ATF thought they were addressing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Knowing how bureaucracy works, it's almost certain that they'll eventually be releasing formal, deterministic guidance. The current "we know it when we see it" method of deciding what's legal and what costs 10 years in Club Fed, is broken.

The still open question is what that revised guidance will be. Hopefully they realized what they tried to issue went way too far, while at the same time still leaving too many ambiguities for manufacturers and firearms owners to be able to clearly identify what's legal and what's not. The "fix" was as bad, or worse, than the problem ATF thought they were addressing.

The idea of ATF "approving" things, allowing them to be sold by the millions, then suddenly turning around and making possession of said item a felony is one that puts citizens in unnecessary legal jeopardy. This is not a precedent that should be permitted to stand. ATF needs to have very firm rules to live by and adhere to them.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    My guess is someone told the ATF they pulled the trigger too early. Need to wait until after the Jan 5th GA special election.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Just think of the hubris and “corporate” ignorance at BATFE to allow this idea to seed/germinate.

One might hope their culture would have learned a lesson from past faux pas.

These eejits are epic in their capacity for gross government overreach and patent constitutional illegality.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The idea of ATF "approving" things, allowing them to be sold by the millions, then suddenly turning around and making possession of said item a felony is one that puts citizens in unnecessary legal jeopardy. This is not a precedent that should be permitted to stand. ATF needs to have very firm rules to live by and adhere to them.

Yup. They need to issue objective guidance, and will at some point. And that guidance must not be allowed to criminalize behavior that they have previously said was legal and people acted on in good faith.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just think of the hubris and “corporate” ignorance at BATFE to allow this idea to seed/germinate.

One might hope their culture would have learned a lesson from past faux pas.

These eejits are epic in their capacity for gross government overreach and patent constitutional illegality.
    Bad ActorsTtrained to Fcuk Everyone

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Came here to post this story, but knew someone would have done it already. Y'all are too fast for me. lol.

Nice to see the ATF won't turn 3-4 million law-abiding Americans into criminals after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom