• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    So I got some 9mm brass in a trade. Turns out to be non toxic and the primer pockets are tight. I don’t have a swage tool for small primer (thought I did but can’t find it after move). I really don’t feel like using a chamberfer tool for 500 cases. I don’t really want to buy a swage tool since it’s about as much as I can just buy another 500-1000 cases.

Any ideas on a quick way to make them useable? Someone have a swage tool I can borrow/rent. I’ve got 750 but only need 500 someone want to process them for the extras? Anyone want to do some trading?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I just ordered a Lee APP to process mil cases.

Maybe once I have it set up, we can work something out.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I used to use a counter sink on a cordless drill before I got a prep station. It worked fine.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I just ordered a Lee APP to process mil cases.

Maybe once I have it set up, we can work something out.

Lol, me to. No swaging sets to be found though.

But should be great to process regular brass for now and I’ll just separate out the mil spec stuff to swage it later.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Lol, me to. No swaging sets to be found though.

But should be great to process regular brass for now and I’ll just separate out the mil spec stuff to swage it later.

I got one off eBay. Seller had 5 in stock. But it seems they are sold, I cannot find the listing.

There is also one shop that had them. A bit higher than MSRP, but they seem to have them.

Here - https://x-reload.com/lee-app-primer-pocket-swage-kit.html

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I got one off eBay. Seller had 5 in stock. But it seems they are sold, I cannot find the listing.

There is also one shop that had them. A bit higher than MSRP, but they seem to have them.

Here - https://x-reload.com/lee-app-primer-pocket-swage-kit.html

Thanks! Now just time to think if I am willing to wait till someone has it at “street prices” which seems to be around $36.

Probably just get this one (thanks!). At least want to wait till I have the new press and a chance to try it real quick first. I think UPS says Monday delivery.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    So I got some 9mm brass in a trade. Turns out to be non toxic and the primer pockets are tight. I don’t have a swage tool for small primer (thought I did but can’t find it after move). I really don’t feel like using a chamberfer tool for 500 cases. I don’t really want to buy a swage tool since it’s about as much as I can just buy another 500-1000 cases.

Any ideas on a quick way to make them useable? Someone have a swage tool I can borrow/rent. I’ve got 750 but only need 500 someone want to process them for the extras? Anyone want to do some trading?

I have plenty of 9mm brass. If you need some in a hurry, I’ll swap out whatever you have for some of mine.

Or, I can process them and give them back as you proposed.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Chuck up a primer pocket reamer bit and use a drill. Only takes a few seconds each to make them usable and uniform enough for 9mm.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks! Now just time to think if I am willing to wait till someone has it at “street prices” which seems to be around $36.

Probably just get this one (thanks!). At least want to wait till I have the new press and a chance to try it real quick first. I think UPS says Monday delivery.

Yeah, my thought process also. Buy now or wait to save $20.

My press will be a while, I ordered from Mid South (on sale for under $75), but they are running a week or so behind on shipping.

Swage kit is supposed to show up tomorrow. Even though eBay ad said Feb 3.

There are also some other shops that seem to think they will get them in stock in mid to late Feb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom