• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I understand that we had every right to refuse them entry. However we had 3 kids at home and have always taught them to respect authority if you have done nothing wrong. We are a veteran family and love our country. We believe all police deserve respect unless the situation deems differently. We had nothing to hide and the officers were as annoyed as we were.

You are a good parent to teach respect to LEOs. It's a TWO way street - you must teach your children their rights as well - so no warrant, no looky.
    Of course you will extremely polite about it as well. Good lessons.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Yes, this was excessive. If it's "policy" to do this, ask to see the policy.

And use a virtual background:
    vaulted-gun-room-safe-design.jpg

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    A) "Not without a warrant."

B) Make them eat their own dog-food. File a complaint with the County school system, and run it up the chain to the State level. Document *everything*; no verbal phone conversations. Make them defend their statements with references to their policies. Make it a Constitutional issue - how the hell can a school system dictate policies that are in conflict with the US Constitution? If you don't want to engage a lawyer, engage one of the local radio or TV stations' consumer advocacy reporters. Might be the break he/she is looking for. This aligns with WMAL; less so with others. You also might consider writing your local Senator and Delegates.

You need to [metaphorically] blacken their eyes. It's the only response bullies comprehend.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Yup. They are forcing police to go and do these checks, then they sit back and decry the way police do them. Lots and lots of ridiculous calls for service. We have to run them, or we are liable if something hairball down the road.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I understand that we had every right to refuse them entry. However we had 3 kids at home and have always taught them to respect authority if you have done nothing wrong. We are a veteran family and love our country. We believe all police deserve respect unless the situation deems differently. We had nothing to hide and the officers were as annoyed as we were.

Respect authority but, never give up your rights.

The authorities don't care if you have anything to hide, they will go on a fishing expedition in your house if you let them in.

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD

B) Make them eat their own dog-food. File a complaint with the County school system, and run it up the chain to the State level. Document *everything*; no verbal phone conversations. Make them defend their statements with references to their policies. Make it a Constitutional issue - how the hell can a school system dictate policies that are in conflict with the US Constitution? If you don't want to engage a lawyer, engage one of the local radio or TV stations' consumer advocacy reporters. Might be the break he/she is looking for. This aligns with WMAL; less so with others. You also might consider writing your local Senator and Delegates.

You need to [metaphorically] blacken their eyes. It's the only response bullies comprehend.

This.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    As friendly as the officer could potentially be when asking you for entry to your home, there is nothing good or beneficial to you that will come from allowing entry. No warrant no entry.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Had a call from school (before covid19) because they asked the students “home safety plan”. They were not pleased when my sons plan was gathering the dogs, getting an ar and taking an ambush position. Made worse when they asked if he knew where the key was to any of my guns. Not knowing what they were asking he replied that he did without mentioning that the key is kept in a combo safe.

During the first week of online school my brother was visited because he had an air soft rifle, an air soft pistol and a BB gun in the back ground. They live an a pretty rural area and the officer was good with the explanation that they was not real guns but it certainly could’ve turned out differently.

Some stuff they need the video for so in my home, they have a good look out of the window. I check the view before they start and they don’t move the camera.

sparecaster

Jun 26, 2013
    Yup. They are forcing police to go and do these checks, then they sit back and decry the way police do them. Lots and lots of ridiculous calls for service. We have to run them, or we are liable if something hairball down the road.

I get that and think it is all crap. We respect all those who respect us. We respect law enforcement and try to teach good life lessons when we are able to. For what police have to deal with daily, we'd rather be a nice part of their day if we haven't done wrong.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Tell Baltimore County Schools to go fvck themselves.

That being said, you did the right thing with the cops. Had you refused, they would have been back with child services and you would have gotten the full treatment.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Tell Baltimore County Schools to go fvck themselves.

That being said, you did the right thing with the cops. Had you refused, they would have been back with child services and you would have gotten the full treatment.

That's the time I'd lawyer up. My family and I would only talk through a lawyer.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013

Agreed. It's worth the aggravation and expense to follow through. It's just as noble as political 2A advocacy. Filing a complaint with sympathetic elected officials also helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom