AAR: Practically Tactical "Outside the Berm: Force on Force", Alliance, OH 8/22/20

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Looks like a good course. I've seen some of the same material presented locally (I think John Murphy does a bit of it?), but having a proper shoothouse and UTMs does make a difference.

You probably would have survived that UTM round hit in real life.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Looks like a good course. I've seen some of the same material presented locally (I think John Murphy does a bit of it?), but having a proper shoothouse and UTMs does make a difference.

You probably would have survived that UTM round hit in real life.

I've trained with Murphy several times and he is really good at instilling that MUC stuff. And though he does some scenarios and such, nothing comes close to this. "Gary", who I drove out there with (so I got 10+ hours in the car with him) said this is the best scenario-based stuff he's seen since the National Tactical Invitational (which Gary won several times). So the scenarios and obviously the venue are all but unmatched.

Funny story that I didn't want to include in the AAR: Gary called Craig Douglas during the ride home to tell him how well one of his (Craig's) former students (me) did in a few specific situations in this class. And then I chatted with Craig for a bit.

Edit: in that scenario, when on the "phone" with 911, help was 8 minutes out. So I figure I'd be in surgery within the hour, and while my recovery would long but not guaranteed, it seemed like it would be survivable. Also, being a little low, it probably (hard to say, obviously) would not have been a fight stopper. I hit the "bad guy" in that scenario with 3 of 4 shots fired, 2 of which would have ended him, most likely.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Great read. I always appreciate the obviously huge amount of time it must take to craft these reviews.

Thanks for the feedback. I type pretty fast, so hammered this out in two nights plus some editing/adding photos time.

I received the videos of my runs through the scenarios and its interesting to see how things that seemed to happen so fast when I went through them actually happened more slowly, while other things that seemed to happen slowly happened much more quickly. Seeing what I missed seeing is also interesting. Great class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom