• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, 1 person here has. If you are a prepper/para military family who wants to train small team tactics with like minded people and families for the upcoming TEOTWAWKI, you'll fit right in.

Read some of their forums from the website and you'll see the culture.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Banned from this site? Didn't locate any reference on my original search. Any link to the thread that caused the ban?

Oh so that is what the popcorn reference is in post # 2

I believe the whole thread got deleted.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    I've been there three times and had my spouse there once. The training was excellent and the facility is very good. The style is different and the staff is excellent.

My review of the combat patrol class, I learned a lot technically and also personally about myself, couldn't ask for more:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=186112

If you want more info feel free to PM me. :thumbsup:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Reviving this...was looking at MVT classes and wondering what Max did to get booted? He seems like an ***hole, but I'm not looking for a friend. If he was booted from MDS, there was probably a good reason and I'd like to understand that before spending any $$ there.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Reviving this...was looking at MVT classes and wondering what Max did to get booted? He seems like an ***hole, but I'm not looking for a friend. If he was booted from MDS, there was probably a good reason and I'd like to understand that before spending any $$ there.

Getting along here is a pretty simple concept. "Don't be an *******".

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Second-hand knowledge, but someone I took an advanced Green Ops class told me he very much liked MVT's squad tactics class. Can't vouch for the guy himself being a nice guy or not, but it seems like he runs legit classes, and some of the subject matter is hard to get elsewhere around here (squad tactics, NV, etc.) or is mil/LE restricted.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Second-hand knowledge, but someone I took an advanced Green Ops class told me he very much liked MVT's squad tactics class. Can't vouch for the guy himself being a nice guy or not, but it seems like he runs legit classes, and some of the subject matter is hard to get elsewhere around here (squad tactics, NV, etc.) or is mil/LE restricted.

*******. I guess anyone that get uppity defending himself gets banned here kinda like criticizing MSI. Max gets worked up since many people think that his type of classes are unnecessary or are for a "type" of people. He took a lot of ridicule of his operation and his students.

His classes are excellent and his cadre are the same. The HEAT class will take you right off the square range and into live fire in the woods on the third day with the interactive targets. Everything is conducted safely. The core of what he teaches are small unit tactics. He also does a long range class and CQB classes. Plus there are many times where they run Force on Force, it used to be UTM but is now Airsoft. I guess the best way to describe it is you can get your drivers license or go on to learn an Urban evasive driving course. A lot of other trainers limit this stuff to LEO or Mil which is stupid.

If you got the time yet i would take a class. I'm going to the recon class which is taught by an E-9 pathfinder.

The biggest drawback to his facility is its in WV and the only direction off the flat range is up.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, unfortunately I can't do Saturday classes. If he had something midweek I'd probably consider it. Fair chunk of change, but who else is teaching this stuff to boring-ass civilians, right?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This wasn't the only place he's had trouble with, and the first round was nothing more than him name calling and belittling people.

He can go play GI Joe in the woods and flex on his own time. He's not going to come here and treat people like crap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom