Decibullz hearing protection - Don't Buy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MykR0k

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 13, 2020
    They should have named these things Decibullshit. I should have know better to buy these but I'm motivated to find compact and high quality hearing protection for the range. For $75.00, it was worth a try but what a mistake. The packaging for this product cost them more than the product itself. It's just hard plastic and silicone pieces that are super cheap. Even after molding, the plastic turns hard again and is rather uncomfortable in the ear. The small orange baffle is the only protection for the ear which is nothing. I can see these guys getting sued for someone having hearing loss. Don't buy!

0diRZHe.jpg

6aBLQyc.jpg

Ek0i0Sh.jpg

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Thanks for the heads up, Not that i was looking at these but i have been considering going to something similar as i am soo tired of having my earmuffs knocked off by the stock when shooting a high power rifle and trying to get a cheek weld.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Look at NoiseBarrier by OTTO. They cost more upfront but incorporate electronic capability to make conversation accessible. No batteries; the case recharges. Periodically you recharge the case-cable provided. You can charge the case and go on a multi-day hunting trip. Since they fit inside the contour of the ear, no problem with achieving a good cheek weld on a long gun. They're very comfortable. I wear them for extended periods of time. Optics Planet periodically has them on sale for up to 15% off.

https://www.otto-comm.com/noizebarrier-active-hearing-protection

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    These things are like $25 not $75 and I have had good luck with them I like the black foam ends better but they fit and are comfortable once you mold them---seem more effective than the disposable plugs and once molded they stay in place well.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    These things are like $25 not $75 and I have had good luck with them I like the black foam ends better but they fit and are comfortable once you mold them---seem more effective than the disposable plugs and once molded they stay in place well.

They do have different levels. It looks like he has the percussive filters which were more expensive. My fiancé’s Aunt bought me the $25 version for Christmas. I do like them and they are comfortable. Idk how well the percussive filter would work though. Don’t know if it’s worth the extra $50.

Blackstar65

Jun 27, 2010
    I have two pair of $25.00. they work great for me. I wear them under under impact sports ear muffs. They do what they are intended to do.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I have the filter version and bought a set of the regular plugs to change out. The percussion filters are not enough for shooting rifles but are fine for shooting 9mm or other small/med handgun rounds. I prefer wearing the percussion filters under a set of electronic muffs. I can still hear but have a double layer of protection.

The regular plug version work very well and are sufficient to wear alone for rifle shooting. You just can’t hear anyone or anything around you which bothers me especially when shooting in competitions.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I have the cheaper ones and they work great. Wore them for 5 hours at a match yesterday.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    I wanted in ear because mine interfear with rifles, and hurt with eye protection.
    My instructor had and recommend Ear Virginia Inc (Ken Dennis located in Arlington) custom molded to your ears. Many options from basic to electronic, to blue tooth.(703)508-4169 www.earvirginia.com

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    The $25 ones are great. I have a few pairs and after they are molded they are very comfortable. Excellent noise reduction as well. As others have said they work with or without electronic muffs. They reduce more noise than muffs but it can be hard to communicate.

Good to know about the percussive filter version. I suspected as much, sort you had a bad experience.

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    My daughter-in-law is an audiologist and shooter-friendly (she's also a great kid). I had her custom-mold small ear plugs with swappable filters for shooting, music, or other uses that allow some sound to get through (or completely blocked, if that's what you want. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I'll send her contact info when the COVID-19 nonsense is over.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I will always check out multiple reviews of most every product I buy, especially online, to get a feel for what users have to say. Generally have no regrets afterwards

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    I wanted in ear because mine interfear with rifles, and hurt with eye protection.
    My instructor had and recommend Ear Virginia Inc (Ken Dennis located in Arlington) custom molded to your ears. Many options from basic to electronic, to blue tooth.(703)508-4169 www.earvirginia.com

I've been doubling up at competition shoots for awhile now but it's getting tedious to keep ditching the over the ear stuff for when it's my turn to go shoot. And I need to ditch the over the ear stuff because it interferes with my stock weld.

I'm glad I hopped around here for a bit, I was pretty sure the DeciBullz were crap but this thread really confirmed that. I was looking at some Walker GSMs or Grizzly Ears, and now it's more or less a matter of comparing those two to see which I want to buy now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom