• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Without prejudiced or analysis of other qualification issues, while DC prohibits threads on a pistol barrel, it does not as far as I can tell prohibit them or require them to be absent, welded or obliterated on a rifle barrel if all other qualifications are met.

I am not giving legal advice, everyone should themselves make sure, and certainly you could get in trouble for constructive possession if you had a threaded riffle barrel and a prohibited barrel accessory in constructive possession in DC. But I can't readily find a specific prohibition on presence of usable barrel threads per se on a rifle that is otherwise compliant

Can anyone else see language that would prohibit a proper length rifle and proper length barrel where barrel has locktite thread protector, instead of welded/permanently disables threads as required in some othe rjuristicions?

You are right. Threaded barrel is only prohibited on pistols.

(3A)(A) “Assault weapon” means:

(V) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(aa) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

(bb) A second handgrip;

https://code.dccouncil.us/dc/council/code/sections/7-2501.01.html

tenex

Oct 23, 2008
    Mr. Charles Sykes has been a hero to DC, notwithstanding his $125 fee. We wish him well during his upcoming surgery and a speedy recovery. Consider that he has succesfully negotiated the DC bureaucracy, prevailed against onerous zoning ordinances and overcome DC's general antipathy towards guns while others surrendered. If not for him thousands of DC resident would be less protected. He has been professional in every way; reliable, exacting, and well informed. He is also smart enough to avoid the attention of the Washington Post and the anti 2A crowd. Good luck to you Sir!

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Mr. Charles Sykes has been a hero to DC, notwithstanding his $125 fee. We wish him well during his upcoming surgery and a speedy recovery. Consider that he has succesfully negotiated the DC bureaucracy, prevailed against onerous zoning ordinances and overcome DC's general antipathy towards guns while others surrendered. If not for him thousands of DC resident would be less protected. He has been professional in every way; reliable, exacting, and well informed. He is also smart enough to avoid the attention of the Washington Post and the anti 2A crowd. Good luck to you Sir!

+1 on on that.

Besides the general challenge of running an FFL he has been a pubic resource for DC citizens. I do not recall a single time I was in his office and he was not also on the phone patiently helping potential new gun owners through the registration process.

I wish him good health. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom