• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    For the gap year, no tuition is paid and there is no remote learning. An admissions spot is held for the next academic term. One more year to save for college if needed.

We're doing some online orientations next week and will ask about a gap semester and/or how they will handle it if remote learning is a thing for the fall semester (high probability in my view). Presume that we save on room and board as you mention.

As Danb mentioned, very likely to be a dynamic situation. I think it's very likely that this virus will re-emerge in spread and intensity come November/December and dorms will be petri dishes. My kid doesn't want to miss a year, but I don't look forward to moving a kid into university housing in August only to move them out in November. Purdue is drivable in day. For my kid, I think this will rule out California.

What I wonder, after this first wave dies down, is whether we will reconsider the wisdom of bringing young people home with old. Cuomo hinted at this a number of times. You don't want to bring asymptomatic people home to grandma. I think that is a bad idea.

But... we are now doing 200k tests per day. Pretty soon we will have enough to do surveillance, so we will see. Hard to predict whats on the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom