• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    It's an interesting economics lesson on supply, demand, and price point. If you look at it objectively, meaning without the emotion surrounding previous and current ammo prices, the price charged by stores is too low. Supply is not keeping up with demand. Because people are willing to pay a higher price than charged by stores, you get this "black market" effect.

Strictly from that perspective, stores should charge a higher price that realistically intersects supply and current demand. There would be a constant supply. Eventually, demand would be satiated at the higher price and demand at that price would drop. Then, price would be lowered to meet the next level of demand. It would take all the fun out of this thread though.

Btre

Sep 8, 2012
    WM ELDERSBURG - 1 box of 9mm and 2 boxes of .40 - both are Tula - look on lower shelf for the .40 it was shoved in the back

railbird

Mar 13, 2013
    Harford County
    Starting to get the feeling us newbs really aren't wanted here.

I really doubt posting ammo finds here is doing any harm (nor much good). I've not been to a Walmart or Dick's in three months that has not had people already lined up at the cases. Posting or not posting here will not have much effect either way.

What you will affect is the support you need to fight the Maryland liberals in charge. The surge in participation in this site, in MSI and NRA is a positive thing. Don't make it a negative.

You want to have a good old boys club? We're good with that. We'll move on. It's just what O'Malley wants.

On another note, I find gunbot.net more accurate and timely than ammoseek. I've been able to get some 9mm less than .40/round off of it a couple of times.

Compare what you're saying to the 10 round magazine limit. Is a 10 round magazine limit going to stop a behavior? 50 is an arbitrary number created to make someone actually post a few times before buying and selling. If the number was 150...they'd just post more random crap on here until the got 150 instead of 50. I personally would like to see a minimum of 8,000 posts before someone had access to the water cooler(grandfathering in anyone who joined before 2009). Then we'd be back to the core of people I've met and hung out with on the site and get rid of the posts from many of the new sources of lunacy. ;)

sgtjunk

Aug 5, 2012
    Crofton, MD
    It's an interesting economics lesson on supply, demand, and price point. If you look at it objectively, meaning without the emotion surrounding previous and current ammo prices, the price charged by stores is too low. Supply is not keeping up with demand. Because people are willing to pay a higher price than charged by stores, you get this "black market" effect.

Strictly from that perspective, stores should charge a higher price that realistically intersects supply and current demand. There would be a constant supply. Eventually, demand would be satiated at the higher price and demand at that price would drop. Then, price would be lowered to meet the next level of demand. It would take all the fun out of this thread though.

I completely agree with you from an academic standpoint however this rarely occurs in our market. The problem we find, is there are very few marketing savants working for companies or companies get greedy, most likely the latter. What usually ends up happening, is that the price is increased during short supply and since the demand doesn't go down at the same rate as profits go up, the company makes hand-over-first and says "why didn't we do this sooner?" and the prices never go back to pre-shortage prices. Many argue that it's just due to the shortage restock but I believe there is some artificial trifling going on as well.

A good example of this are hard drives. The tsunami hit in 2010 yet we are not even close to getting back to drive prices prior to that event and it's 2.5 years later.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    lol. you're probably right.

But i wasn't suggesting we up the classified number. Just the WC. Make them different. ETA: or just move it to the WC, so guests aren't using it

See folks, I'm a new guy too... everyone is newer than someone else here. We all look down on the next guy ;)
    How'd you manage 1,100 posts in two months? Wow.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Quarterfield WalMart is a gold mine right now if your hurting for 12ga, plenty of stuff even 100rd value packs, but other than that, not much to speak of. I just bought the last box of 30-06.

Starting to get the feeling us newbs really aren't wanted here.

Not at all, I hope you don't actually feel that way. We're overjoyed at the influx of new members lately, it means that people are waking up and (hopefully) getting active.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    lol. you're probably right.

But i wasn't suggesting we up the classified number. Just the WC. Make them different. ETA: or just move it to the WC, so guests aren't using it

See folks, I'm a new guy too... everyone is newer than someone else here. We all look down on the next guy ;)
    1,100 posts in two months? Wow.

Dec 31, 2012
    This thread has diverged from its original intent. Let's try to keep a sightings report thread and not digress into politics or other matters.
    Help fellow mdshooters and post a sighting, lack thereof, or a willingness to pick up for someone else.
    Send the other stuff to another thread so I don't have to scan several pages to find an actual ammo report.
    Not trying to be a jerk but just want to keep the usefullness of this thread.
    Thanks to all who post sightings even if it does sell out quicker.:thumbsup:

I'll add my own after I get back from wallyworld.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Oh and I forgot to mention I asked the lady at the counter and she said they open the ammo counter @7am, although sometimes somebody doesn't get there until 7:30ish.

Just thought I'd throw that in there since we were asking about it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom