• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    Just grabbed 5 boxes of PPU 9mm from the Walmart in Glen Burnie. They have about 6-7 boxes left. Only 14.57 for 50 round boxes. It's 7:45 right now.

sundaz

Sep 15, 2011
    Spoke to mgr at hunt valley walmart tonight. I asked if the rumor about getting out of ammo was true since shelves still empty and was told they received a memo recently that said they were definitely not getting out of selling ammo, but orders are backed up at the manufacturers now. For what its worth..

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    Owings Mills Walmart (returning from Gettysburg gun show):

Ammo case was limited to a box or two of 44 magnum and .380 auto, one box of 0.223 winchester silver tip or something like that (over $1/round), and then a few 100 boxes of CCI mini mags and a few 375 packs of CCI AR tactical. And shotgun ammo of course.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Spoke to mgr at hunt valley walmart tonight. I asked if the rumor about getting out of ammo was true since shelves still empty and was told they received a memo recently that said they were definitely not getting out of selling ammo, but orders are backed up at the manufacturers now. For what its worth..

Could have guessed this. Welcome to the age of disinformation where fellow gun owners will share falsehoods to protect what they believed was "their source" that has now been exposed real time on the web.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    Could have guessed this. Welcome to the age of disinformation where fellow gun owners will share falsehoods to protect what they believed was "their source" that has now been exposed real time on the web.

So what your saying that my friend who knows this guy whos brothers cousin's girlfriend's father who works at walmart and knows another guy who is close to the manger...info is no good??

Who would of thunk it!:lol:

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Nothing at White Marsh. Stopped in last night.

This is getting depressing.

All I want to do is go to the range.

I'm wondering if this is hurting gun range business? I would think it would as most shooters bring their own to shoot.

I don't think they are other then if people don't go the the range due to the lack of ammo they are not there buying other stuff during their visit. For the people who can't find ammo at other more economical location and still will go to shoot will end up buying ammo from the range that always cost much more.

The ranges already has the membership fees so other then you being their to buy other stuff, they could not care less if you go or not. It's like holiday health spa, They want to sell everyone in the world a membership and then hope you never come to take up space.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I don't think they are other then if people don't go the the range due to the lack of ammo they are not there buying other stuff during their visit. For the people who can't find ammo at other more economical location and still will go to shoot will end up buying ammo from the range that always cost much more.

The ranges already has the membership fees so other then you being their to buy other stuff, they could not care less if you go or not. It's like holiday health spa, They want to sell everyone in the world a membership and then hope you never come to take up space.

I've heard (not verified) that On Target is no longer selling ANY ammo to people shooting there and only allowing it to be used in their rental guns. I'll find out today for sure as I am heading up there in a bit. Finally scored some ammo to be able to go.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    I've heard (not verified) that On Target is no longer selling ANY ammo to people shooting there and only allowing it to be used in their rental guns. I'll find out today for sure as I am heading up there in a bit. Finally scored some ammo to be able to go.

You are correct and they are limiting ammo to two boxes to per person. They have tons of ammo stocked up on the sales floor but will not sell it to anyone. They are also limiting sales of magazines to 1 per visit.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Well it doesn't surprise me at all. I have talked to a hand full of owners and they all say the same thing. This rush on everything is good only in one way. The problem is they are working themselves to death selling out of everything and they have the same problem getting restocked with everything from guns to ammo. These owners are all very concerned what they will have to sell next month if they can't get anything restocked. If On-target runs out of ammo they are in big trouble. Selling allot is only good if you can replace it to sell more.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Well it doesn't surprise me at all. I have talked to a hand full of owners and they all say the same thing. This rush on everything is good only in one way. The problem is they are working themselves to death selling out of everything and they have the same problem getting restocked with everything from guns to ammo. These owners are all very concerned what they will have to sell next month if they can't get anything restocked. If On-target runs out of ammo they are in big trouble. Selling allot is only good if you can replace it to sell more.

I was able to verify that they will not sell any ammo other than for their range guns. I did see more than 2 boxes being sold to people however. What truly shocked me was how many "SOLD" tags I saw in the cases. I could not believe it. I would guess 95% of their stock had sold tags on them. I was ready to put a deposit on either a Kimber Custom II or a Ruger SR1911 today. The only SR1911 was sold and they stopped carrying Kimber :mad54: My father was looking for an XD9 with 5" barrell....all they had was an XDM competition and added about $300 onto the cost and he passed :)

waterdog

My southern maryland (california) walmart HAD some some 7.62 x 39 ammo in stock.
    but they did not have much more than that.
    The clerk said they just cant get thing in stock, and when they do, its snapped up

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Anybody been to Bass pro and Arundel lately? Need pistol powder and primers. 45 ACP

I was just there today. They had some pistol powders, didn't check pistol primers but both Brownell's and Midway had them in stock the other day.

I did see two camo AR's and two black AR's with 16" barrels. Didn't bother to ask what they were.

They also had .224 75gr BTHP in stock, I bought three boxes and left three for the next poor bastard that needs them.

snickers

Mar 10, 2011
    Was at Dicks in Bel Air yesterday (Saturday) and they had some Hornady 223 53 gr VMax 20 for $25.

Was at the Fallston Walmart today (Sunday) almost nothing left, some 308, 380, and 45 HPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom