• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Yeah, Weather Underground is still calling for an inch of rain Saturday... 75`f is awesome but almost 100% chance of rain from noon to five isn't. Praying it changes by Saturday.

Doc and Fifi...

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    My friend and I went last year and thankfully it wasn't too warm yet. We had a super time. I would love to do it again knowing what to expect. You can also make sure to stop at the vendor area and pick up standard size magazines.

Image00093.jpg

Image00063.jpg

Image00082.jpg

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Yeah I was thinking of going up as I’ve been to it a couple times in the past but the weather forecast and knowing how the parking lots will be I’m having second thoughts.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I used to go all the time when I lived in PA. They would fly over the Blue Mt from the airport in Reading into the valley at the stony where the house was and do their nostalgia runs. The pilot of the B17 told me it looked like Germany from the air and was for effect for the passengers.
    The smaller fighters would come through and show off in the next valley where the bear creek runs and do barrel rolls and all that stuff. It's a great show if it's not to hot and the rain holds off. Good flea market too, expensive but a good time.
    The last time I was there the me109 didn't make because of weather but there was a corsair that easily lapped everything during the aerodrome.
    I also met Dick Winters there who gave me a green hang-tough stretchy wristband, rode the bus to parking with a Tuskegee airman and found my youngest lad walking around with the Gunny when I thought he was lost at about 8 years old.
    The Gunny gave him an enameled challenge coin that he keeps close to him this day wherever he may be and it worked.
    I miss not making the show anymore, I always enjoyed the hell out of it. There was also always a pile of b25's there and plenty enough to see and do.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    One of the highlights of the weekend for me is the number of military members that they have coming to share their stories. Unfortunately, we lose more and more of them every year. If you have any interest in meeting these people or hearing them tell their tales, go now or you may not get another chance.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I've never been to this. They have a small display at Westminster Regional every year that I have been to but it is not even close to the magnitude of this show. Working this weekend so maybe next year.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I've never been to this. They have a small display at Westminster Regional every year that I have been to but it is not even close to the magnitude of this show. Working this weekend so maybe next year.

I'm a Ford guy and I skip the Ford show at Carlisle to go to this. Take off work and do this.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I've been to the Mid Atlantic Air Show twice. Best display of WW2 era vehicles/equipment/aircraft that I've ever attended.

If you ride a motorcycle up there, that's a plus; since motorcycle parking is very near to the entrances of the show. :thumbsup:

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Did the show, rain held off until the last bit, then mostly missed the grounds. Got scorched in spite of liberal application of sun screen. Excellent time other than the heat. Stopped at Gander before heading back which was pretty cool too. Picked up a floor display Gamo break barrel in .22 with a wood stock for 2/3 new price. Left at 7AM, got home at 9:15...

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Is this annual event?

If you click on the original link, (see below), you would see that they are holding it again next year on June 7th - 9th.
    They have shows listed as far out as 2023, so they do have more than just year to year planning going on.

It does look like this is a great show.

I may have to go up to see it next year. I used to volunteer to help out at the one that was held at the Frederick Airport years ago, in the late 90's.

https://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html

Last edited:

BrianinMd

Feb 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Maryland
    If you click on the original link, (see below), you would see that they are holding it again next year on June 7th - 9th.
    They have shows listed as far out as 2023, so they do have more than just year to year planning going on.

It does look like this is a great show.

I may have to go up to see it next year. I used to volunteer to help out at the one that was held at the Frederick Airport years ago, in the late 90's.

https://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html

My father in law and I used to go to the show in Frederick until they stopped that. I definitely would be interested in going to this one!

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I used to go to the CAF show in Frederick,, think it was the "TORA, TORA, TORA" show.

My father in law and I used to go to the show in Frederick until they stopped that. I definitely would be interested in going to this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom