• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Well I clearly didn't turn off the alerts on my wife's phone like I thought I did because at 4:30am...again....I learned that the MSP sent out THE SAME ALERT FROM YESTERDAY

So now that is two nights in a row I've been jolted out of bed for something I can't help with

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    I wouldn't give a flying rats testicle if it was in Arizona. If it was my kid I'd want every damned person on the planet aware that someone had taken him from me.

It woke me up, it woke my wife up. We have a 1 and 3 year old that we're going to get us up at 6. I'll gladly give an hour or two of my sleep for someone to have the best possible chance of finding their kid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And now EVERYONE has turned the alerts off.

Because an idiot abused the system.

So it hurts all future abductees.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    And now EVERYONE has turned the alerts off.

Because an idiot abused the system.

So it hurts all future abductees.
    No, they've turned it off because they are selfish brats that whine over slightest inconvenience like petulant toddlers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    I am embarrassed and ashamed to see so many whingers about losing a bit of sleep by their own damn phones they willingly left turned on in their own damn homes.

If you've ever used the word "snowflake" at someone else, you should be too when you look at yourselves in the mirror the next time.

Most of us didn’t. Our wives did.

And some of us have to lease phones on for calls from family, employees, delivery drivers, customers, facility emergencies, etc etc

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    Maybe it took that l and help.

Like I said earlier, there are a shitload of cars on the road at 4:30 am.

From about 1 am to 3 am roads are deserted, but the cars come scurrying out around 4 am like a bunch of roaches. Maybe that's why they waited until 4:30.

Yeah. That’s why it should have been on the radio. Like the storm system warnings they have.

And they could and do put it on all the stupid road signs they are putting up everywhere.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yeah. That’s why it should have been on the radio. Like the storm system warnings they have.

And they could and do put it on all the stupid road signs they are putting up everywhere.

Not everyone listens to the radio now. A great many people, probably a majority of them under 30 stream audio from their phones through the speakers via bluetooth. My sons never turn on the radio at all.

And the signs are great, but AFAIK they're only on 695, 95 and other interstates. None on 29, 32, etc.

But that's ok, lets only reach 10% of the people who could help save a kid because you need your beauty sleep.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Not everyone listens to the radio now. A great many people, probably a majority of them under 30 stream audio from their phones through the speakers via bluetooth. My sons never turn on the radio at all.

And the signs are great, but AFAIK they're only on 695, 95 and other interstates. None on 29, 32, etc.

But that's ok, lets only reach 10% of the people who could help save a kid because you need your beauty sleep.

What was the excuse for sending the alarm again at 4:30 this morning....the day after the kid was found?

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020

Yeah beauty sleep that’s it. Know how I know you don’t work very much? Probably a .gov parasite lol

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yeah beauty sleep that’s it. Know how I know you don’t work very much? Probably a .gov parasite lol

Yeah, don't work much. That's why I was on the road home at 4:30 am.

And parasite... that's a damn fine word for you. A despicable human being that cares not a bit for a child's life. So much trouble for you to turn off that alarm that you'll spend a day and a half complaining about it.

See ya subhuman. I have to go do some more work tonight.

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    Lol sounds like I was spot on with your “employment”

Get back to me about beauty sleep after you work 12-16hrs a day 7 days a week for a couple months.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    As far as amber alerts go, I don’t know that sending them to me on my phone helps. Seems like the electronic signs on the highway are more useful. I mean if waking me up in the middle of the night resulted in solving one I’d suspect I wouldn’t need the alert to wake me up as I’d have a bigger issue to deal with.

A better option would be more than just enable/disable. I’d be okay with the notification, as I’d see it when I picked up the phone. Bonus if car play or android auto read it to me when driving. But treating it like an emergency notification is probably overkill as most of us won’t be in a position to see the vehicle.

Main point is less obnoxious alert that doesn’t interrupt sleep, meetings, etc. where it’s most likely not to be productive.

Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    Some people don’t get enough sleep as is

Waking everyone up doesn’t help get the kid back from one parent to another.

This horse shit of using amber alerts when one parent “abducts “ their own child has to stop also. Should be reserved for actual abductions.
    Words have meaning. Like calling everyone a “hero”. Destroys the word.

I've never heard so many grown men complain so much about not getting their 8 hours. Are you guys getting woken up every night from amber alerts? I can't imagine it happens frequently. Man up.

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    I wish I got 8 hours. More like 6

Mr night shift would flip shit if someone woken him up in the middle of the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom