Why are SureFire Handgun Lights so Expensive?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    You made your point. I noticed the Mac and I know many Mac loyalists, so I figured it was a fair analogy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Poking around the interwebs, you can find lots of hate for the inforce as not being very durable...especially in their clamp design. There's also a dramatic reduction in holster availability moving from the tlr1 to the inforce.

Here's a pretty solid light review of the tlr1hl.

Following up, it looks like inforce addressed some of the durability issues with the gen 3. The clamp is now fully aluminum so it doesn't crack if overtightened now.

carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    I was looking at Streamlight and Inforce. Those are more in my price range. The first difference I noticed was Streamlight is aluminum and Inforce is polymer. Being a Glock owner, I understand how durable a good polymer can be. Any insights on how these brands compare to each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak from any personal experience, as all my WML's are metal, but I have heard the polymer in the Inforce's isn't the best. I've heard people say that the abuse lights have been subjected to through dropping or just general everyday use has caused the bodies and mounts to crack. They have also been known to have heat dissipation issues, but that may have been resolved in the latest generation of lights. Again, I can only parrot what I've heard. What I can say, however, is that I love my X300U and TLR-1 on my Glocks, and am a HUGE fan of the Protac series for my rifles.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I can't speak from any personal experience, as all my WML's are metal, but I have heard the polymer in the Inforce's isn't the best. I've heard people say that the abuse lights have been subjected to through dropping or just general everyday use has caused the bodies and mounts to crack. They have also been known to have heat dissipation issues, but that may have been resolved in the latest generation of lights. Again, I can only parrot what I've heard. What I can say, however, is that I love my X300U and TLR-1 on my Glocks, and am a HUGE fan of the Protac series for my rifles.

Glad you bumped this!

Just so happens someone compared a Inforce to a Surefire

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Its somewhat the Old Adage..You get what you pay for...most of the lights are made in China and Knockoffs...Very few are US made...though Surefire invests to get Govt contracts...so reliability/reputation is Key Factor

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    Just had the body of my Inforce WML crack last week while shooting my sub 2000. I bought it through and MDS group buy years ago.
    Sent it back, They are sending me a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom