• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    So, first off, I’m going to take the highroad. I’m not going to break any rules because I don’t need any more trouble.

I ended up getting a 6 month peace order.

This guy does wood- landscapers drop off logs and he splits for firewood and sells it.

Last night someone came on my property install the chainsaw out of the bed of my truck.... Oh nothing can be proven… My neighbors are all old/elderly and financially successful. Luckily I had the serial number and got a police report.

Nothing personal to anyone here but I don’t really appreciate the comments of suggesting I dig a hole or do something like that. The truck was facing a security camera so I might be able to see something but it was too far to really see much.

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    Does anyone have any good ideas?

I would love to entrap this guy and see him arrested....
    only thing I can think of is more cameras and wait...

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Does anyone have any good ideas?

only thing I can think of is more cameras and wait...

More cameras and wait is your best bet. Get all of the documentation/evidence now that you might need later - especially if this yahoo is already ignoring a peace order. If you need to park away from existing cameras for some reason, strategically placed and camouflaged trail cam or two may be the ticket.

:thumbsup: to documenting the chainsaw theft with a police report.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    And who do you think in the county this should be reported to? Health department? Environmental health?

Hmm would depend on who enforces that code. Is it building code or health code? I'd start with calling the county complaint line for building code violations. If they can't handle it I'm sure they'd be happy to send you to those who can harass him

I hate saying to do that cause I hate these crap little county gestapo agents but sometimes they're useful

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County

INAL but getting him arrested is one thing. Make any kind of entrapment scheme and it goes wrong and ends with angry neighbor coming at you where you have to defend with deadly force and you can say goodbye to your freedom.

Cameras are your friend. Document and get him charged. Color inside the lines. If he plays stupid games all on his own and you have to take him out you have lots of documentation. Hope you already have a lawyer. If it’s MD you’ll need it.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    INAL but getting him arrested is one thing. Make any kind of entrapment scheme and it goes wrong and ends with angry neighbor coming at you where you have to defend with deadly force and you can say goodbye to your freedom.

Cameras are your friend. Document and get him charged. Color inside the lines. If he plays stupid games all on his own and you have to take him out you have lots of documentation. Hope you already have a lawyer. If it’s MD you’ll need it.

Entrap definitely was the wrong word to use

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Now that you're pretty sure he's a thief, you can set out some more stuff for him to take. Make it in view of the cameras this time, of course.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Put out old garbage that doesn't work anymore - siezed chainsaw, cracked monkey wrenches, weedwacker with a broken shaft, etc

Three-for-one. Catch him on camera, he gets only junk no one can use, you get rid of junk without hauling it away.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I would check with the local zoning rules for his living conditions. His plot is rated as like R-3 and r something and the county or town code says what he can do on it.
    Absolutely take the high road because crazy is not logical nor predictable so be cautious for your families sake.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    zoningcomplaints@aacounty.org

Hmm would depend on who enforces that code. Is it building code or health code? I'd start with calling the county complaint line for building code violations. If they can't handle it I'm sure they'd be happy to send you to those who can harass him

I hate saying to do that cause I hate these crap little county gestapo agents but sometimes they're useful

Report issue to zoning dept. or code enforcement.

I would check with the local zoning rules for his living conditions. His plot is rated as like R-3 and r something and the county or town code says what he can do on it.
    Absolutely take the high road because crazy is not logical nor predictable so be cautious for your families sake.

Zoning
    Building
    Health departments

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom