• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I've been researching optic options for my Ruger Single Six Hunter revolver. I was pretty sure I was going to scope it but after playing with a few eer scopes I think a red dot would be a better option. All I will be doing with the revolver is shooting stationary targets from 25 - 100 yards. The pistol came with 1" scope rings and the Untradot seems the only scope ring mounted red dot I see out there. Any experience and thoughts on the Ultradot?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I've been researching optic options for my Ruger Single Six Hunter revolver. I was pretty sure I was going to scope it but after playing with a few eer scopes I think a red dot would be a better option. All I will be doing with the revolver is shooting stationary targets from 25 - 100 yards. The pistol came with 1" scope rings and the Untradot seems the only scope ring mounted red dot I see out there. Any experience and thoughts on the Ultradot?

I’ve got the Matchdot II on my Ruger 22/45. While I can’t complain about the optics or accuracy it seems to work well. However after now using a number of smaller more open style RDS I find it a bit cumbersome. However if you only have the option of mounting using standard rings then it will be fine.

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    I've got UltraDot sights on several of my Bullseye guns. I've had good experience with them. They hold up to the recoil from thousands of 45 ACP rounds and hold their zero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom