Anyone have experience with the Benjamin Marauder in 25 caliber?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trappemann

Mar 26, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I have been looking around quite a bit since getting my wife a Great package deal from a member here on a marauder in 22.

Happy wife, Happy life to be sure.

So, I am looking at the 25 for myself.

Anybody here have experience with them? Yes/No/Maybe?

Are they as accurate as the other calibers in capable hands? Is it a capable varmint gun? What will it dispatch humanely? What velocities can I actually expect with pellets? How many shots per fill? etc.

Thanks in advance for any insights that you can offer.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I own a 25 MRod. I like it very much. The one I have has the Green Mountain barrel and is stupid accurate. I can shoot quarter size groups at 50 yards easily. I don't know if the new ones still use the green Mountain barrel or not. As MRods go, the 25 was the most cherrished and most accurate. I use mine for squirrel and it works well when I do. I used to whack ground hogs in the back yard of my old house too. With the accuracy I could easily do head shots, both behind the ear and between the eyes. Of the 6 I shot, 5 were DRT. One got under my shed and I had to use a rake to drag him out, probably 10 feet from impact. While shooting squirrel I shoot Predator Polymags, mushroom out to around 35 caliber. For larger game I shoot the domed pellets for penetration. Both are JSB and both hit to the same point of impact. I like that. As for velocity, I think mine is shooting around 850 fps. I put a larger shroud on mine and depinged it so it is quiet. The impact is much louder than the shot. I've killed a lot of critters with mine.

When I was looking into getting one for myself, I asked about the Predator Polymags effectiveness. The response I got was this, All I can say is if you hit a starling at 25 yards with a polymag, it sounds like slapping a fat girl on the butt. I know in this time of political correctness that is crude, but quite descriptive. They make quite a wallop.

If Green Mountain is still making the barrels, buy one. If not, might want to buy a used one or talk to someone else. Stupid accurate, hits hard. Oh yea, I get about 15 to 20 good shots out of mine.
    V

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    I have a synthetic .25 that was purchased in December of 2017 (I believe it has the green mountain barrel). The optic is a utg swat 4-16x44. Since I got my Avenger I don't shoot it anymore. I'm located in Baltimore county, let me know if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Trappemann

Mar 26, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I have a synthetic .25 that was purchased in December of 2017 (I believe it has the green mountain barrel). The optic is a utg swat 4-16x44. Since I got my Avenger I don't shoot it anymore. I'm located in Baltimore county, let me know if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I sent you a PM yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom