• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • [Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Someone was selling 1000 rounds of wolf 7.62x39 in the classifieds the other week and I was about to buy it, and get a rifle for it sometime down the road.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    In all honesty, this SHOULD be an opening for domestic ammo producers. No it won't be as cheap as Wolf but it should be able to be produced at bulk pricing. While I certainly disagree with the ban, Russia is like China, I try to avoid products made there.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    I think ammo prices across the board will go up. Without cheap Russian ammo, demand will go up on everything else. As soon as a heard, I checked everywhere online, and Russian ammo is out of stock everywhere. I doubt it's really out of stock, just being removed for higher priced sale a bit later, or to limit the demand surge. Cheaper than Dirt will have some Russian ammo for sale for $2/round. I tried to stock up, for me, and my kids, and tried to diversify with .22lr conversions and stuff. I doubt the Russians will find a way around this, as the Chinese didn't. All I can really say about this, is, FVCK Biden, and the whore he rode in on.

Bingo!!! The trickle down effect has to be a enormous. A lot of people are thinking that this will only affect rifles and not thinking about the ramifications for pistols as a lot of people buy steel cased for smaller calibers which means all other companies prices will go up whether faster or slower that’s the question.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Did I miss something? Obama banned the import of ammo and arms from Russian in 2015? Was that ban lifted? There was alot of steel cased coming in marked made in Ukraine

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Good, shouldn’t have been buying commie ammo in the first place.

-big Wang

Why not it’s for our pleasure and hobbies, The US government does business with communist countries all the time and always have. I assume you have nothing made from China in your possession or your dwelling now

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Did I miss something? Obama banned the import of ammo and arms from Russian in 2015? Was that ban lifted? There was alot of steel cased coming in marked made in Ukraine

Yeah, I’m going to look into this. I’m thinking the last ban, was we couldn’t buy ammo directly from Russia.
    This ban says “manufactured in Russia”. I think that’s where things are going to get difficult. I think a lot of steel cases ammo was made in Russia, and then boxed and sold from another country.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Kind of hard to believe, but I just watched a video by “mrgunsngear”. He has stats they say 40-45 percent of all ammo sold in the US, is made in Russia.

Like I said hard to believe, but if even remotely close, l believe ammo prices are going to ride across the board.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    In all honesty, this SHOULD be an opening for domestic ammo producers. No it won't be as cheap as Wolf but it should be able to be produced at bulk pricing. While I certainly disagree with the ban, Russia is like China, I try to avoid products made there.

Expect virtually every gov't. agency to place orders for millions of rounds each in the very near future!

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    This whole ramification of infringement on 2A rights disturbs me to my core, truly. But on a personal level it'll effect me like this: I don't own or shoot an AK, Saiga, or SKS, etc. - I have no use or desire for them. I don't buy factory ammo of any kind (except .22RF stuff), and haven't since maybe the 1990's. I have no desire to own pretty much any of the "hardware store" quality guns that come out of Russia.

What does frost me is that (hopefully, for all y'all's sake) American entrepreneurs at all levels will work to fill the gap and make a good honest Yankee dollar at it. But that'll mean fewer resources available to feed my needs: brass for vintage calibers, and primers and powders to load same. That means we are all effected by this. Unintended (or intended) consequences are a bitch.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    This administration is terrible. I ordered another 3k rounds of Tula from global ordinance after hearing about this last night, but this is annoying. In the medium term, I should be able to trade 5.45x39 ammo for 7.62x39 ammo, as I have gotten out of 5.45 in the past year. I really regret not going all in on multiple cases of wolf 125gr soft point, as the batch that came into country last year has been surprisingly accurate.

To answer the question about Russian arms bans during the Obama era, they were specific to particular manufacturers and did not appear to affect Russian ammo importation at all, with the exception of 7n6, a specific 5.45x39 cartridge. The ATF banned that independently of sanctions by abusing the term “armor piercing.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom