• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Everyone,

For those interested in NRL22 competition, Anne Arundel Fish and Game has started a new series. These will be held on Sunday mornings (usually the 2nd Sunday of each month). We’ve held three NRL22 matches at the Club and experienced what a fun and challenging event they are. The targets can be truly tiny, ¼ inch at up to 50 yds, and even the biggest target is only 6” in diameter at 100 yds. Ohhhh…and did I mention that you’re shooting from improvised positions on the clock? It’s amazing how fast 120 seconds goes by when you’re getting into position, cycling the action, and moving between positions, then re-establishing the sight picture for the next shot. Most stages are 10 shots in 2 minutes, starting from a standing position with the action open. In one stage this month, a stepladder was the prop, and the course of fire required the shooter to take the first shot with the rifle resting on the lowest rung of the ladder, move to a higher rung for each successive shot, then moving back down the rungs until 10 shots were taken.

To keep competition fresh, each month the national NRL organization publishes a new Course of Fire developed by one of the competing clubs. The benefit of using a nationally distributed Course of Fire is that individuals can compete nationally, similar to a postal match.

Here's our schedule of upcoming matches:
    • August 8th
    • September 19th
    • October 3rd
    • November 7th
    • December 12th

We're using PractiScore for both registration and also scoring. You can sign up for the events through the PractiScore website.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

JoeR

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Sounds interesting! Do you have to be an AAF&G member to participate? And what is the cost per event to enter?

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Sounds interesting! Do you have to be an AAF&G member to participate? And what is the cost per event to enter?

It really is a ton of fun....and hugely challenging. You do not have to be an AAF&G member to participate in the match. The costs are:
    • $7.00 AAF&G members
    • $10.00 non-members
    And, for those who are interested, the NRL22 organization just posted the August Course of Fire. It's available at this link: https://nrl22.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/August-2021-COF-Final.pdf. Since our range is limited to 100 yds, we use only Option 1 in the COF.

JoeR

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    It really is a ton of fun....and hugely challenging. You do not have to be an AAF&G member to participate in the match. The costs are:
    • $7.00 AAF&G members
    • $10.00 non-members
    And, for those who are interested, the NRL22 organization just posted the August Course of Fire. It's available at this link: https://nrl22.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/August-2021-COF-Final.pdf. Since our range is limited to 100 yds, we use only Option 1 in the COF.

JoeR

Good to know, thanks! I may have to check that out then. Sounds pretty fun, and $10 is a good price to enter.

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    Two quick questions: (which the NRL22 website posted rules do not seem to address?)
    1) Are semis allowed? (10/22)
    2) Would a bolt action Remington 541-T (heavy barrel) be allowed?
    Thanks.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Two quick questions: (which the NRL22 website posted rules do not seem to address?)
    I agree, it was hard to find on the NRL22 website, but here's the full set of match rules: https://nrl22.org/about/rules/

1) Are semis allowed? (10/22)
    Yes, semi-autos are allowed. However, when changing positions on the clock, the shooter must engage the manual safety and call "Safe!" before moving from one position to another.

2) Would a bolt action Remington 541-T (heavy barrel) be allowed?
    Yes, a Rem 541-T is perfectly suited to NRL22. In fact, I've been doing the event with a Winchester 52-C until now. I just acquired a CZ-455 Varmint that I'll start using for future events, after I spend some time at the range putting together DOPE tables.

JoeR

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Thread bump for the match coming up this Sunday, 8/8 at AAF&G in Annapolis.

If you have any questions, post them here or send me a PM.

JoeR

Sent from my SM-T547U using Tapatalk

b-troll

FNG
    Sep 16, 2012
    Piney Orchard
    NRL22 obervation/volunteer

Hey guys, I would love to show up and help out on the 12th of December. I'm not a member of the club and I've never shot a NRL22 event before.

Not to toot my own horn but, I can follow directions at a 3rd grade level so I should be able to help set up targets and spray paint steel with moderate supervision.

I figure this would be a good way to check out both a NRL22 event and AAF&G. Does anybody have a good POC for the NRL22 event at AAF&G?

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    The Dec.12 AAF&G match does not seem to be shown on the NRL22 website. Could someone (JoeRinMD?) post a link to the Dec.12 COF for this match? Also some confusion as to non-member match price - $10 or $20 as both are shown on Practiscore.

I don't care if it's an NRL22 sanctioned match, just interested in the COF, and price doesn't really matter, but I'd like to be cash prepared if I am able to make it. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom