• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    I'm in Burtonsville, MD and want to take my pickup with me in it to Manchester, NH. But I don't want to drive the approximately eight hours by myself. I have neck and shoulder pain and don't want to make it worse.

Anyone interested in driving over the next week or so? I'll cover your fee, your return trip, and of course the trip's gas and tolls. I typically stop once to refuel and use the restroom at the end of the NJ turnpike but that's negotiable. I can help with some of the driving if it gets too much for you. I need an experienced long-distance driver, preferably with a passenger / limo license endorsement or CDL. No drugs, alcohol, smoking or prescription medication that affects reaction time during the trip. How does one demonstrate a safe driving record?

MHT is the airport in Manchester if you want to look into the fare. I'll buy your electronic ticket but if you can let me know the fare and your fee that would help me get a picture of my total cost for your service. Also please let me know what forms of payment we can do.

Note I will be exercising my right to FOPA and we'll be driving through NJ, NY and MA which have strict laws. I don't have permits for any of those three states but if you're driving safely, I see no reason to be stopped.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I'm in Burtonsville, MD and want to take my pickup with me in it to Manchester, NH. But I don't want to drive the approximately eight hours by myself. I have neck and shoulder pain and don't want to make it worse.

Anyone interested in driving over the next week or so? I'll cover your fee, your return trip, and of course the trip's gas and tolls. I typically stop once to refuel and use the restroom at the end of the NJ turnpike but that's negotiable. I can help with some of the driving if it gets too much for you. I need an experienced long-distance driver, preferably with a passenger / limo license endorsement or CDL. No drugs, alcohol, smoking or prescription medication that affects reaction time during the trip. How does one demonstrate a safe driving record?

MHT is the airport in Manchester if you want to look into the fare. I'll buy your electronic ticket but if you can let me know the fare and your fee that would help me get a picture of my total cost for your service. Also please let me know what forms of payment we can do.

Note I will be exercising my right to FOPA and we'll be driving through NJ, NY and MA which have strict laws. I don't have permits for any of those three states but if you're driving safely, I see no reason to be stopped.

You covering legal expenses for driver if stopped?

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    You want someone with a CDL or limo license for a measly 8 hour drive?

JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    Might be cheaper and less hassle if you just have it shipped there.

Just curious why you think there would be a hassle hiring a driver. I have no idea what's involved in shipping nor the timeframe nor the logistics of dropping it off or picking it up. And shipping it with firearms doesn't seem like a good idea.

JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    Normally never a problem. I drive to ME, NH, and VT regularly. I95 is covered by FOPA. But, here’s the rub.. simply take an exit to gas up up and you’re now on state roads. FOPA no longer applies.

I didn't know that. Do you think refueling at a NJ TP service center is covered? It's controlled access. I don't think you're really leaving the TP.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I can do this after October 1st. I am grounded by work until end of year fiscal bidding is over. Each day I am bidding 3-6 bids. It is crazier then I have ever seen.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Normally never a problem. I drive to ME, NH, and VT regularly. I95 is covered by FOPA. But, here’s the rub.. simply take an exit to gas up up and you’re now on state roads. FOPA no longer applies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"State roads"?

It matters nothing whether you are on state or federal highways, it only matters that your destination is a location where you are legally entitled to possess.

JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    I can do this after October 1st. I am grounded by work until end of year fiscal bidding is over. Each day I am bidding 3-6 bids. It is crazier then I have ever seen.

I'm trying to do this in Sep so I have some overlap with my brother's vacation. But it's good to know you're interested for future trips.

JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    "State roads"?

It matters nothing whether you are on state or federal highways, it only matters that your destination is a location where you are legally entitled to possess.

That's good to know. Do you happen to have a reference to a layman's version of FOPA? I should read up on this.

Do you think I should be concerned about magazine capacity and ammo type as long as they're legal in NH?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom