• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    You may be hearing something along the lines of “come with us for now, and we’ll sort it all out in the morning….”

I've heard that has happened. But if we're obeying the speed limit, have papers in order, all equipment working, don't have anything visible, then it's hard for me to see it getting to that point. Do you think I'm missing something?

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Normally never a problem. I drive to ME, NH, and VT regularly. I95 is covered by FOPA. But, here’s the rub.. simply take an exit to gas up up and you’re now on state roads. FOPA no longer applies.

I doubt seriously that you have to stick to Federal Interstate Highways in order to transport firearms and ammo from one state to another state.

JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    Ha I was about to ask the same thing.
    How much pay are we talking here?

After thinking about FOPA, I think it's best to keep firearms and ammo in the bed. It has a hard tonneau cover. I think it would be best to keep it closed and locked. So a trailer is the best bet.

I'd like to get one for two motorcycles. Any suggestions?

Pay: Well, if you're just driving and I'm buying you a same-day air ticket back, why not make an offer? If you're staying then you're getting a free ride and helping drive. You can still make an offer but ...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    New Jersey is notorious for ignoring FOPA , arresting and charging everyone regardless , and letting you assert FOPA as affirmative defense at trial . Consequently I prefer the slightly longer , but more scenic and more pleasant I-81 to NH , and avoid NJ entirely .

At least in normal times , an individual can request their " complete " driving record from MVA . ( 7 years after all points dropping off , old minor offences are typically purged )

But it's a semi- free country . If you prefer to ride with a CDL holder , that up to you ( and them ) .

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    2nd Driver: Whatever you do, make sure you have - safety pinned to your left-side shirt collar - a handwritten note from vehicle owner spelling out permission for the non-owner to operate vehicle (and maybe even shoot the guns in the … never mind, scratch that part) …

Sh*t. Wrong thread, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom