AGC Action Shooting - October Event Registration Now Open!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Good Afternoon Shooters,

October Match Registrations are now open. October is a major month for us, USPSA is coming to AGC!

Falling Steel Match - Saturday, October 2nd

Click Here To Register for Falling Steel

Inaugural USPSA Match - Saturday, October 9th

Click Here to Register for USPSA

IDPA Match - Saturday, October 16th

Click Here to Register for IDPA

3 Gun - Sunday, October 17th

Click Here to Register for 3 Gun

Thursday Night Practice / Fun Shoots

There will be 1 Thursday Night practice this month - 10/7. This event is shotgun only and will have courses of fire on the trap field and overflow in the AGC bays. This is one of our best events of the year and is the end of our Thursday night shoots until next spring.

As a reminder September 30th is a rimfire only event for Thursday Night practice.

No pre-registration necessary on Thursday nights, just show up around 5 pm to help set up and be ready for a safety briefing by 5:30.

***AS SQUADS FILL UP, WE HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING ISSUES WITH SHOOTER BEING ABLE TO CHOOSE THEIR OWN SQUAD. PLEASE CHOOSE A SQUAD AS SOON AS YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED TO DO SO. IF YOU ARE UNABLE, THEN PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO MATCHDIRECTOR@AGCRANGE.ORG, STATING YOUR PREFERRED SQUAD. IF YOU DO NOT CARE WHICH SQUAD YOU SHOOT ON, THEN PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE ONE AND WE WILL PLACE YOU WHERE WE NEED YOU THE MOST TO HELP WITH THE FLOW OF THE MATCH AND MINIMIZE LOGJAMS.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Cool kids not meant to disperage anyone, I haven't beem out to AGC in a few months and previously enjoyed shooting with the usuals in squad 4. Nothing else meant by it.

As one of the Squad 4 "usuals" I knew exactly what you meant. Will miss shooting with you and the rest this month.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    As one of the Squad 4 "usuals" I knew exactly what you meant. Will miss shooting with you and the rest this month.

It is definitely one of those months for me. Haven't clanged any steel for a while now. It's possible I've completely forgotten how to shoot.

Hope everyone has good, safe fun.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Great shoot today. Those six shooting bays were very well kept with the gravel strips and grass to the sides--thanks to the staff and volunteers that made that possible.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Fun day, although I broke my trigger return spring on the second to last stage, so I didn't get to shoot the last. Looking forward to next month.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Good morning Shooters,

There are still a TON of open slots for both IDPA (Saturday 10/16) and 3 Gun (Sunday 10/17). In fact, registration is so light that both matches will be cancelled unless we get some interest quickly.

Please click below to register.

https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-match-saturday-oct-16/register

https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match-10-17-21/register

USPSA Update

We had a great first USPSA match this past Saturday. It looks like something we are going to add to the calendar for the 2nd weekend of each month 2022.

There is no USPSA match scheduled for November/December 2021, but we are trying to figure out a weekend that wont interfere with other local matches. Stay tuned.

Good Afternoon Shooters,

October Match Registrations are now open. October is a major month for us, USPSA is coming to AGC!

Falling Steel Match - Saturday, October 2nd

Click Here To Register for Falling Steel

Inaugural USPSA Match - Saturday, October 9th

Click Here to Register for USPSA

IDPA Match - Saturday, October 16th

3 Gun - Sunday, October 17th

Thursday Night Practice / Fun Shoots

There will be 1 Thursday Night practice this month - 10/7. This event is shotgun only and will have courses of fire on the trap field and overflow in the AGC bays. This is one of our best events of the year and is the end of our Thursday night shoots until next spring.

As a reminder September 30th is a rimfire only event for Thursday Night practice.

No pre-registration necessary on Thursday nights, just show up around 5 pm to help set up and be ready for a safety briefing by 5:30.

***AS SQUADS FILL UP, WE HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING ISSUES WITH SHOOTER BEING ABLE TO CHOOSE THEIR OWN SQUAD. PLEASE CHOOSE A SQUAD AS SOON AS YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED TO DO SO. IF YOU ARE UNABLE, THEN PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO MATCHDIRECTOR@AGCRANGE.ORG, STATING YOUR PREFERRED SQUAD. IF YOU DO NOT CARE WHICH SQUAD YOU SHOOT ON, THEN PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE ONE AND WE WILL PLACE YOU WHERE WE NEED YOU THE MOST TO HELP WITH THE FLOW OF THE MATCH AND MINIMIZE LOGJAMS.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    We are saddened to say at this point we only have about 20 registered shooters, and this simply isn't enough to set up a 5 stage match, so we are going to cancel the official 3 gun match for the 17th. There is some good news however.

Instead we will set up 3 bays on Sunday, Bay 1 will feature a PCC/Shotgun/Pistol stage with a bunch of our moving, spinning, and flying targets. It's not often we get to put these all together so it will be a ton of fun. Bay 2 will have a rifle/pistol course set up with some interesting rifle engagements and pistol shooting to test your skills. Bay 3 will be a more physically oriented challenge, with emphasis on movement and marksmanship, something we have never done before at one of our official matches.

Format will be similar to our Thursday night shoots, bring what you want, shoot how much you want, and have fun. Bring something different to shoot or new gear to try.

Anyone interested we ask that you arrive at 8am for setup and we will have a safety brief and start shooting as soon as we are done. Please bring $5 (Member) or $10 (non Member) to help cover consumables.

C&R and Military surplus rifles and pistols will also be welcome if you want to try them on the clock, to practice for upcoming C&R events.

Sorry it came down to this, we were really looking forward to the match, but we can still have some fun. Hope to see you all there, and if not in November.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We are saddened to say at this point we only have about 20 registered shooters, and this simply isn't enough to set up a 5 stage match, so we are going to cancel the official 3 gun match for the 17th. There is some good news however.

Instead we will set up 3 bays on Sunday, Bay 1 will feature a PCC/Shotgun/Pistol stage with a bunch of our moving, spinning, and flying targets. It's not often we get to put these all together so it will be a ton of fun. Bay 2 will have a rifle/pistol course set up with some interesting rifle engagements and pistol shooting to test your skills. Bay 3 will be a more physically oriented challenge, with emphasis on movement and marksmanship, something we have never done before at one of our official matches.

Format will be similar to our Thursday night shoots, bring what you want, shoot how much you want, and have fun. Bring something different to shoot or new gear to try.

Anyone interested we ask that you arrive at 8am for setup and we will have a safety brief and start shooting as soon as we are done. Please bring $5 (Member) or $10 (non Member) to help cover consumables.

C&R and Military surplus rifles and pistols will also be welcome if you want to try them on the clock, to practice for upcoming C&R events.

Sorry it came down to this, we were really looking forward to the match, but we can still have some fun. Hope to see you all there, and if not in November.

That...almost sounds more fun that the 3gun match!:innocent0

Attendance is way down at the other place we do action shooting, too. I guess it's still ammo and maybe covid fears? My excuse is that we just bought a fixer-upper house which is sucking up all of our time and ammo money:o

I was afraid to register for 3gun because I'm just not yet sure I can get away. I take it this is just a "show up and sign in" event...so I can put off actually making the commitment until Sunday morning, right?

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    That...almost sounds more fun that the 3gun match!:innocent0

Attendance is way down at the other place we do action shooting, too. I guess it's still ammo and maybe covid fears? My excuse is that we just bought a fixer-upper house which is sucking up all of our time and ammo money:o

I was afraid to register for 3gun because I'm just not yet sure I can get away. I take it this is just a "show up and sign in" event...so I can put off actually making the commitment until Sunday morning, right?

Yeah just show up Sunday morning if you can!

Of course if anyone wants to let us know ahead of time here or email that they will be there that is cool too, just so we know

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Yeah just show up Sunday morning if you can!

Of course if anyone wants to let us know ahead of time here or email that they will be there that is cool too, just so we know

Cool. The C&R part makes it extra tempting to shirk responsibilities and just show up.

Maybe I'll tell myself that I'll just shoot a little bit in the morning and go home early...:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom