• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    Any info you have would be great. I live right close, wanna go by there today, check it out, maybe shoot/join. One big question, do they provide/sell shells? After yesterday, I am COMPLETELY OUT. :party29:

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Are you referencing Associated Gun Clubs of Maryland in Marriottsville?

If so start HERE

You will need to join a member club first, they you get a range badge.

It actually is more complicated than it sounds so don't get your hopes too high for a "quick" experience.

No ammo available or provided. That is what Walmart and online retailers are for.

Its 100 % worth it, but you have to go through the motions. You haven't missed anything the weather has been too cold (for me anyway) to shoot.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    A lot of clubs have shoots there. Not sure about membership.

They do have open shooting on Wednesday nights and sunday according to their sign..

They used to have shells available for purchase, but with what is going on, I am not sure now.

I am not a member.

Best bet is to go up there on Wed night and ask.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I believe Carroll County Gun Club just made a significant purchase of shotgun shells. IF not, give Old Post Rifle and Pistol Club a call. I think they bought a significant amount as well.

You may also want to talk with Neil Kravitz ( nsk@nsksales.com ).

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    If you are in Carroll you should check out Littlestown Fish and Game -just up Rt 97 over the Pa.line www.sportingclayandtrap.org we will have sporting clays this Saturday- and 12g shells are available for sale-nice little club and a great facility--also this Sunday at Mayberry there is a sporting clay fundraiser for Carroll Co 4-H Hotshots----$25 for a round of clays and a round of 5-stand-both Littlestown and Mayberry do a nice job with sporting clays- if you are interested in Littlestown let me know I will be there Saturday, and probably at Mayberry on Sunday.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I'd love to go again as this is heck of a lot of fun and the folks there at LF&GC offer a heck of a lot of value for your clays dollar...and if you run out of shells(as I did), they offer 'em there at prices comparable to Walmart prices(if you can actually find 'em at Walmart). They are very safety-conscious but w/o squeezing the fun out of the equation. RSO's are members, courteous and happy to share advice or tips w/o talking down to you or telling you how to do things unsolicited. Were it not my wife's B-day and our plans in conflict with this scheduled event, I'd be there with a couple friends like last time I went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom