• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    No problem with the rules, no one is forced to join.

As far as the other, Israel guarantees equality under the law to all its citizens, vouchsafing their rights to vote and be elected.

Give me a week and they’d all be in the east bank.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Anyone can be a member with all the benefits. You just can't vote on who gets to be on the board. That's how we ensure the club remains Jewish. Seems pretty anti Semitic to pick on a Jewish club for wanting to maintain its Jewish identity. Sounds like the liberal Democrat Palestinian BS the State of Israel has to put up with.

Lots of buzz words there. Attacking someone who points out a fact (there IS a discriminatory policy in place) is at the core of what it means these days to be a "liberal democrat". I wonder how people would react if there was a gun club that had a similar whites only policy with regard to voting in order to maintain its white identity or a Christian only policy to maintain its Christian identity or even a Muslim only policy to maintain its Muslim identity. It's your club to do with as you will but the fact is, your club has a blatant discriminatory policy.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    And what does this mean??

"All official meetups will be on days where there is no shabbos or yom tov and dietary laws are STRICTLY enforced for the benefit of our members."

Are you telling me I can't eat what I want when I come to the club on certain days?? Why do I have to modify my diet and/or observe your religious customs to be at a gun club?? If I'm a non-Jewish member, how does that "benefit" me? Rather, it seems to limit me.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Freedom is the ability for them to make whatever rules they want for their club.

Their rules would disqualify me, bit I take no offense at all.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The forum never ceases to amaze me , and not always in a good way . To have to prove that you are Pro-Jewish is silly just as silly you have to prove you are pro-gentile .

This conversation is weird at face value , ohhh by the way i love all people until they screw me over .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The thing wrong with America today is you can not have groups for certain folks , Boy Scouts is just one very positive group that was ruined by the thought to include everyone .

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    And what does this mean??

"All official meetups will be on days where there is no shabbos or yom tov and dietary laws are STRICTLY enforced for the benefit of our members."

Are you telling me I can't eat what I want when I come to the club on certain days?? Why do I have to modify my diet and/or observe your religious customs to be at a gun club?? If I'm a non-Jewish member, how does that "benefit" me? Rather, it seems to limit me.

There are members that observe the Jewish Sabbath as well as dietary laws. Though I eat “secular” I understand that out of respect to other members I will not bring a bbq bacon cheeseburger with me to the various meetings and we will not have range events on Friday nights. There are plenty of AGC groups to join so it’s not as if you’re forced to join Givati.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Why do you require my NRA # to join??

I can not speak for the Givati Rifle and Pistol Club, but I think it's common practice for clubs at AGC to have an active NRA membership.

My gun club you need a NRA membership before you can be sponsored in . They do not take in anyone until you have been vetted & sponsored by another member .

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    My gun club you need a NRA membership before you can be sponsored in . They do not take in anyone until you have been vetted & sponsored by another member .

On top of the above, the club i belong also includes criminal back ground checks. Is that what you mean by vetted?

Rus

MDS Supporter
    Nov 27, 2017
    No. Carroll County
    If closer, I would attend as well.
    Discriminating is only the ability to know a difference, not the same as using the difference with intent to slight someone. The club wishes to maintain its identity, not slight someone.
    Respect for others' differing customs is being considerate. They are honest about looking for people who have this quality.
    The defensive, bordering on offensive, accusation of anti-Semitism was incorrect for most of the MDS'ers. I get that it was a return volley, but broadly, a false accusation.
    All said, I wish the club well, and happy it exists.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    On top of the above, the club i belong also includes criminal back ground checks. Is that what you mean by vetted?

I have no proof of that , but what i meant is new persons need to meet with a range officer and get a badge (card) endorsement to qualify on the range .

They stay with you to observe you on range and safe practices on firearm/rifles .
    If i wanted to shoot rifles on the long range that is a separate endorsement .But character & criminal is certainly a concern .
    I also ask if i could CC at site and it was a yes , as long as i don't draw fire from holster .

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    The Givati Rifle and Pistol Club is a Jewish gun club located in Pikesville. We have been featured in Baltimore Jewish Times: http://jewishtimes.com/76980/aiming-high/news.

Our annual meeting is on February 10th, 7pm at suburban orthodox congretion in Pikesville. All are invited. We will have a discussion of 2A cases pending before the Supreme Court and upcoming local legislation.

Our club runs events every month. Check them out at Givatirpc.org/events.
    Is your meeting February 10th, or February 3rd?

From your website:

Annual Membership Meeting
    February 3 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
    7504 Seven Mile Ln
    Pikesville, Maryland 21208

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Give me a week and they’d all be in the east bank.

I do not know what that is.

Just saying you don't have to be Jewish to have the passport, vote or be a member of the Knesset. There have been Arabs in the Knesset since 1949. Due to Israel's immigration policy, likely no worry about Jews ever in the minority. They also do not have the USA stupid system of citizen by birth w/o conditions.

I think what some may be disturbed with, replace Jewish Gun club with "[x] Gun club" , and only [x] vote. I don't think that would get far with many choices for the [x]. If all things were equal, it shouldn't be looked at wrong at all if people are fine with this guns clubs rules.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I do not know what that is.

Just saying you don't have to be Jewish to have the passport, vote or be a member of the Knesset. There have been Arabs in the Knesset since 1949. Due to Israel's immigration policy, likely no worry about Jews ever in the minority. They also do not have the USA stupid system of citizen by birth w/o conditions.

The East Bank refers to the other side of the Jordan river.

The Palestinians (specifically Muslim although there are Christians as well) with Israeli citizenship are having more children than their Israeli (Jewish) counterparts so the identity of the country is definitely at risk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom