• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I have used the Costco naan before, its pretty good, about as good as you will get without making it yourself or getting it fresh from an indian restaurant. Any decent grilled or roasted meat wrapped in a warm one of those is going to be good. I haven't tried their tzatziki, I'll have to look for it. And the more garlic the better.

Both are really are good. Even my father stopped making tzatziki because he liked it so much.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Looks like it's replacing pizza hut, from the site pics.

As proposed, that is going to be a complete and total Cluster flick traffic wise.

Left out of the parking lot, competing with right from mcd's, then about 10 yards to a stop sign and a left across two lanes to get back to I70. Traffic exiting will backup well into the drivethrough.

At lunchtime, inbound traffic will backup to Rt27 and maybe even the I70 exit ramp.

Good luck with that...
    Rob

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Wife and I used always drive to Eldersburg and Westminster for CF. We kept saying we should by a franchise for Mt Airy.

That's not the perfect spot. It's really going to jam the intersection at Ridgeside and S. Main.

Well, if you're in the know, you'll just turn right out of the parking lot, turn right again at the Capital One bank, then merge right onto 27. Easy back to I70 that way.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Wife and I used always drive to Eldersburg and Westminster for CF. We kept saying we should by a franchise for Mt Airy.

That's not the perfect spot. It's really going to jam the intersection at Ridgeside and S. Main.

From what I understand, they only allow 1 franchise per franchisee and the wait list is super long. It's impossible to get a franchise with them.

Well, if you're in the know, you'll just turn right out of the parking lot, turn right again at the Capital One bank, then merge right onto 27. Easy back to I70 that way.

That's another thing that Chick Fil A does really well. They get them set up for efficiency and cost is no object to accomplish that. As demonstrated by tearing down the one in Frederick so they could make it better.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    There service is the best , The staff is treated very well and they have standards you have to meet not just fill out a application . The food is good but it's not over the top but of the fast food places I'd pick them over all the others if I was on the road and had to do fast food ,

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    If you want an authentic gyro then you go to Yia Yia's Kitchen off Rt 1 near Ikea north of College Park. Ask Louie for a real gyro...that's what it is.

However, I will tell you that people that have never had a real gyro are confused by it because it isn't the frozen slab of whatever they serve at most restaurants. The best gyro I have ever eaten, and I have eaten them everywhere in Greece, is a small place in Montreal called Village Grec. I couldn't stop eating them...they were perfect.

That place is really good. $1 off Gyros on Tuesdays.
    Is Louie the old guy who walks around the place?

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA

That is correct, but most people don't have a clue. Most of the time I'd be turning right on to S.Main. It gets bad enough there now, just image the steady traffic from a new CF.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    From what I understand, they only allow 1 franchise per franchisee and the wait list is super long. It's impossible to get a franchise with them.

Incorrect. Take the Operators of Columbia and Ellicott City, each run multiple locations

It's not a franchise per say. It's more of a management (they call it Operator) agreement.

It's $10,000 (used to be 5k) to buy in. CFA acquires the land lease and builds it out. After expenses (land/building/utilities/food/equipment/wages/maintenance/charity/etc), profits are split 50/50.

Preference for expansion goes to existing employees/managers. You are correct about getting a CFA is close to impossible for us common folk.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Popeyes is great, but there is something about pulling already made chicken off of a shelf that takes FOOOOORRRREEEEVVVVEEERRRR. I like Kozy Corner. Great food. Pay and leave, no conversation.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Incorrect. Take the Operators of Columbia and Ellicott City, each run multiple locations

It's not a franchise per say. It's more of a management (they call it Operator) agreement.

It's $10,000 (used to be 5k) to buy in. CFA acquires the land lease and builds it out. After expenses (land/building/utilities/food/equipment/wages/maintenance/charity/etc), profits are split 50/50.

Preference for expansion goes to existing employees/managers. You are correct about getting a CFA is close to impossible for us common folk.

I was told by an operator it was one store. Maybe they changed it when they changed the fee.

Looks like you've got to be in the system to have a shot.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

One location is the norm, two for a proven and experienced operator. There are a very limited number of rare triples. Not all deals involve CFA acquiring the land. I have a ground lease deal signed with them right now. Just need to do a little minor rezoning and they are good to go for the next 55 years at our site.

And that fee that you quote has a few caviarts. CFA is MUCH more concerned with finding the right local operator who is invested in the local community than they are in the $10K. They even waive that fee for the right operator. I’Ve been working with them for over 10 years to bring a deal to one of our shopping centers.

They are a really good company and good group of people. Very honest, sincere and honorable. A true reflection of the values of the company.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I was told by an operator it was one store. Maybe they changed it when they changed the fee.

Looks like you've got to be in the system to have a shot.

Been a lot longer than that.

One location is the norm, two for a proven and experienced operator. There are a very limited number of rare triples. Not all deals involve CFA acquiring the land. I have a ground lease deal signed with them right now. Just need to do a little minor rezoning and they are good to go for the next 55 years at our site.

And that fee that you quote has a few caviarts. CFA is MUCH more concerned with finding the right local operator who is invested in the local community than they are in the $10K. They even waive that fee for the right operator. I’Ve been working with them for over 10 years to bring a deal to one of our shopping centers.

They are a really good company and good group of people. Very honest, sincere and honorable. A true reflection of the values of the company.

When I said land I meant land lease. Not very many CFA's that I know of are in places where they would own the land. They are on long term leases, as you obviously know.

EC (Exec Park Dr)/Columbia (Dobbin Center Way)/Arundel Mills/Quarterfield Rd are all run by the same person, Joe Dinoto. So he has 4.

The community investment is why I listed charity. If you don't a charitable plan you will never get a CFA location. It is why the Left hates them so much.

They are a great company. They are the prime example of if you treat people and the community right, success is all but guaranteed. Other companies should follow CFA's lead.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    EC (Exec Park Dr)/Columbia (Dobbin Center Way)/Arundel Mills/Quarterfield Rd are all run by the same person, Joe Dinoto. So he has 4.

The community investment is why I listed charity. If you don't a charitable plan you will never get a CFA location. It is why the Left hates them so much.

Good to know. I deal with national guy who did all of those deals. He was a little reluctant on giving totals when I questioned him last year.

And speaking about the left hating them. We had a public presentation last year where a handful of LGBT people spoke out about CFA coming to our shopping center. The corporate and local folks were nothing but polite and gracious in their responses. The national guy even pointed out that after the Pulse Night Club shooting, the local CFA openon Sunday to provide food and drink to all of the first
    responders and other folks on site dealing with that mass shooting. That info hit the room hard and stopped most of the people speaking out against CFA.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    [Kev308];5880734 said:
    Wendy`s bacon jalepeno chicken sandwich is the best thing ever created. Chick fila is just a boring chicken sandwich with good service. Fries are gross too, but so are Wendy`s.

I’m with you. I like their their bacon jalapeño cheese fries too. Chick-fil-A’s service is incredible. But I just don’t understand the love people have for their food. It’s just okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom