• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Has anyone shot here in the last few weeks? Family is doing a vacation near there and I'm considering bringing rifles for target practice. Anything I should know or be aware of ahead of time?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Be there at sun-up Sunday morning and shoot with the Hooligans. Tell them outrider58 sent you. :thumbsup:
    Oh, and bring a 'fiver' with you. It costs $5 to shoot for one day.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    Be there at sun-up Sunday morning and shoot with the Hooligans. Tell them outrider58 sent you.
    Oh, and bring a 'fiver' with you. It costs $5 to shoot for one day.
    I'll see what I can do, we might have to go on a week day though. Can I bother you with a few dumb noobie questions?

I'll be traveling from central Maryland. Would it be dumb or illegal to pack a pistol to practice here (ie storage in a rental house)? Does the range allow pistols and/or shotguns (I'm guessing just slugs)? Does the range have targets available?

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I'll see what I can do, we might have to go on a week day though. Can I bother you with a few dumb noobie questions?

I'll be traveling from central Maryland. Would it be dumb or illegal to pack a pistol to practice here (ie storage in a rental house)? Does the range allow pistols and/or shotguns (I'm guessing just slugs)? Does the range have targets available?

Savage is a 100 yard DNR range. Facilities are limited to the port-a-potty. Metal target stands are there, but bring 24X36 cardboard and some zip ties to hang on the stands to place your targets on.

As Outrider said the fee is $5 per person for per day. Envelopes are there at the range to drop in the box. And DNR here needs the $. :thumbsup:

Paper targets only - NO glass, cans, plastic bottles etc. No full auto and no launched clays. :nono: Other than that, generally you're GTG. And please! Clean up after yourself! We Hooligans usually spend a half hour every Sunday picking up other people's garbage to help keep the range clean.

And, of course, you have an open invitation to join us some Sunday morning.

:thumbsup:

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    Savage is a 100 yard DNR range. Facilities are limited to the port-a-potty. Metal target stands are there, but bring 24X36 cardboard and some zip ties to hang on the stands to place your targets on.

As Outrider said the fee is $5 per person for per day. Envelopes are there at the range to drop in the box. And DNR here needs the $.

Paper targets only - NO glass, cans, plastic bottles etc. No full auto and no launched clays. :nono: Other than that, generally you're GTG. And please! Clean up after yourself! We Hooligans usually spend a half hour every Sunday picking up other people's garbage to help keep the range clean.

And, of course, you have an open invitation to join us some Sunday morning.

I'll try to make it. You said morning, roughly what time range? Like, 10-12? 8-10?

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I'll try to make it. You said morning, roughly what time range? Like, 10-12? 8-10?

Usually in the winter, it's near sunup. I think summer, 0900 is good. But I could be wrong...

This time of year we are usually set up and shooting by 0800 on Sunday mornings. Depending on the weather (and number of Tourons that show up sometimes) we're usually packing up by 1100 or so.

We would be glad to meet you Nick. If you come to the range please introduce yourself.

:thumbsup:

PS: I'm pretty sure there will be some white smoke in the air at the range tomorrow morning...

:innocent0

jeff g

BANNED!!!
    Jul 7, 2020
    I'm looking for a nice quiet (don't mean quiet sorry) no crowd. I sure don't mind to shoot with you guys but the covid thing. I would be traveling from Hagerstown, My 8 year old boy got his 1st 22lr A bolt for his birthday in March. I want to bring my boy and have kinda low key do some more training with him. What day Sat or Sun would have some slow times? I'd love to come someday for the Sunday morning thing but in the future is fine for me. Thanks in advance v/r
    Jeff

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm looking for a nice quiet (don't mean quiet sorry) no crowd. I sure don't mind to shoot with you guys but the covid thing. I would be traveling from Hagerstown, My 8 year old boy got his 1st 22lr A bolt for his birthday in March. I want to bring my boy and have kinda low key do some more training with him. What day Sat or Sun would have some slow times? I'd love to come someday for the Sunday morning thing but in the future is fine for me. Thanks in advance v/r
    Jeff
    Sun up is always low crowds.

jeff g

BANNED!!!
    Jul 7, 2020
    Thanks Outrider58 I suppose sun up is usually quite. I'm heading out with my boy also wife, so travel is slow hahah. Is it pretty busy all the rest of the time? Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom