• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Westminster
    I know this doesn't apply to shooting but it effects every one in some way. There is going to be reopen Md/shools protest on opening day down at Camden yards. All the information is on the flyer i attached.

Attachments

• 7611.jpg
      7611.jpg
      96.9 KB · Views: 694

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Day late and a dollar short. The decisions that have been made, have been made, and we are head long into the preparations for the shit sandwiches that we've been handed.

Those that had a strong opinion on this should have expressed them in this manner BEFORE the decisions were made. Being reactionary like this will do exactly nothing other than get people sunburned.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Baltimore county had some karen on tv last night from the union that are spouting off made up numbers on the projections of of kids and staff who MAY get sick. She went on to say that BCPS needs to close. My wife got really pissed and wanted to know who to call. I told her the decision was made weeks ago and not made public. What a f ing crock....

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You think Larry's the one holding up the schools from reopening? Get real. The teachers' unions own this state from top to bottom, and they have been shamelessly leveraging that the whole time. How many times did the MoCo school board try to reopen the schools only to get shut down by the threat of (illegal) union strikes?

ETA: July 29 is way too late for this.

ENDuRUN

Jun 13, 2021
    New to the forum and just reading through older posts. I was reflecting on this today as it was the last day of school for my children. This past year has been a nightmare trying to do the job of the public school system for my young disabled child. I'm sure politicians will try to leverage this issue in midterm elections, and I can't blame them although it is more complicated for me than just politics. It was really a realigning of my understanding. I learned that our public school system only values my disabled daughter to the extent that she can provide them with a salary and federal tax funding. The role that unions played in this was by far the biggest disappointment of my life. They singularly represented the teachers interests and the board of education members only listened to the teachers.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    New to the forum and just reading through older posts. I was reflecting on this today as it was the last day of school for my children. This past year has been a nightmare trying to do the job of the public school system for my young disabled child. I'm sure politicians will try to leverage this issue in midterm elections, and I can't blame them although it is more complicated for me than just politics. It was really a realigning of my understanding. I learned that our public school system only values my disabled daughter to the extent that she can provide them with a salary and federal tax funding. The role that unions played in this was by far the biggest disappointment of my life. They singularly represented the teachers interests and the board of education members only listened to the teachers.

Don't presume that to be true at all. My "not a union, it's an association" could give a shit about me because I am top of the scale, 50+, white, male, and straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom