• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Like someone said....boy who cried wolf. This makes these alerts ineffective. All’s it did was wake up my dog, which lead to me having to get up to take her to piss.

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    I woke up, daughter woke up, son woke up.
    There has to be a better way.

Yes. Put it on the radio stations. So people that are actually awake and out and about will hear it. 92.3 would be a good one for this one.

I’m sure some affirmative action .gov “worker” approved/ put that crap out at 430am

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    They should only send them, at this time of day, to phones that have sensed movement in the previous few minutes.

They could then resend/cache the alert once/until the phone moves again, if the alert is still in effect.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    If you have an Android phone you can set an automatic "Do Not Disturb" with exceptions for your contacts.

Settings \\ Sound \\ Do Not Disturb \\ Turn on Automatically \\ Sleeping

You can configure other rules as well

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I woke up in a haze thinking their must be a tornado or something. I pray for the child's safety but I agree with everyone else that this is a net negative for the alert system. Put it on the radio in my opinion. A silent push notification may be ok as well.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I did something right for once. I have amber and emergency alerts off and public safety alerts on (iPhone). I’m not quite sure of the difference between the emergency alerts and public safety alerts though.

Dsnyder

MDS Supporter
    Jun 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    My android has emergecys set to off and it still alerted..
    If they know the name of the abductor just send them the alert. Not the whole state

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Ridiculous! Woke the whole house up, dogs went nuts, and I'm sorry, for what? Wife and I were thinking tornado...and for the record, the subject vehicle was not seen driving through any of the rooms of my house at 0430 this morning.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Ridiculous! Woke the whole house up, dogs went nuts, and I'm sorry, for what? Wife and I were thinking tornado...and for the record, the subject vehicle was not seen driving through any of the rooms of my house at 0430 this morning.

:lol2:

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Fvcking woke the wife and I from a dead sleep! She normally gets up at 5:15am and I at 6:00. Pissed as we could not go back to sleep!

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    Ultimately, Col Woodrow Jones

msp.superintendent@maryland.gov

is responsible for this act of dumbphuckery. Whoever didn't unclick 'wireless alerts' while sending the message onto the highway reader boards needs a week of latrine duty.

The other person who needs his email inbox filled is the executive director of MEMA who is responsible for the EAS.

Russ Strickland

russell.strickland@maryland.gov

Thanks.

Emailed them plus forwarded to others

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Last time this happened I made sure I turned off all our cellphones. And who names their kit “Prophet”?

Attachments

• DEC53BA3-2F7B-4807-9BAB-07AABB479BA1.jpg
      DEC53BA3-2F7B-4807-9BAB-07AABB479BA1.jpg
      97.3 KB · Views: 294

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I'll tell you how much sense it made to me at 4:30AM.

On the way to work I was looking for a black Mercury Marquis.

Not kidding.

I keep my phone beside me when sleeping. The Mrs. works nights and if she has a problem the phone needs to wake me up. Also, my son gets home late usually and he texts me to let me know he is coming in the house so I don't flip out at someone coming in unannounced and arm myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom