• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Who decides when these get released? No way it’s automated, who makes the call to press the button?

Made me laugh..

My phone was right next to bed, the message starts to blast and I grab the phone. Then wife wakes up, "what the hell are you doing!" :lol2:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Not everyone on the planet was sleeping when the alert went off. I was driving home from work on 695, and there were a heck of a lot of other people on the road who appeared to be headed to work. Any one of them could have seen something and reported it, but only if they knew about it.

Not even close to truth.

A non custodial parental abduction is an abduction, period. They don't all run off to live anonymous lives in Mexico or out west.. many result in death. Out of jealousy, control ('If I can't have him, neither can you'), mental crisis, whatever. I can count half a dozen cases from memory where a woman drove herself and her kids into a lake, river, off a cliff; or how about a guy stopping in the middle of a bridge to throw their toddler over the side?

Non-custodial parents sometimes lose custody for very good reasons.

Thank you. Susan Smith comes to mind, as well as issues in my own history.

Someone's inconvenience pales in comparison to the welfare of an innocent 7 year-old.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Someone's inconvenience pales in comparison to the welfare of an innocent 7 year-old.

I hope they find the kid too but the real issue here is that someone decided to send this message out at a time of day where probably 99.5% of the recepients were in no position to spot the vehicle and help. Who did they think would see it? It would have made more sense to wait say 2-3 hours and widen the scope

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013

I wouldn't give a flying rats testicle if it was in Arizona. If it was my kid I'd want every damned person on the planet aware that someone had taken him from me.

It woke me up, it woke my wife up. We have a 1 and 3 year old that we're going to get us up at 6. I'll gladly give an hour or two of my sleep for someone to have the best possible chance of finding their kid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I hope they find the kid too but the real issue here is that someone decided to send this message out at a time of day where probably 99.5% of the recepients were in no position to spot the vehicle and help. Who did they think would see it? It would have made more sense to wait say 2-3 hours and widen the scope

Maybe it took that long to get a vehicle description from a neighbor.

Maybe they tracked down the perps ids, checked out their home and found out they were on the road at that moment.

For all we know that was the best possible time to send it. Maybe that was the perfect time for someone to spot the vehicle and help.

Like I said earlier, there are a shitload of cars on the road at 4:30 am.

From about 1 am to 3 am roads are deserted, but the cars come scurrying out around 4 am like a bunch of roaches. Maybe that's why they waited until 4:30.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo

No, the real issue here is that a child was abducted!

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I wouldn't give a flying rats testicle if it was in Arizona. If it was my kid I'd want every damned person on the planet aware that someone had taken him from me.

It woke me up, it woke my wife up. We have a 1 and 3 year old that we're going to get us up at 6. I'll gladly give an hour or two of my sleep for someone to have the best possible chance of finding their kid.

Amen. Well said.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD

Exactly. The inconvenient message was not sent out to rouse the unwashed from their sleep. It was sent out in the hopes of reaching even one person that might have seen something. It's worth a shot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

EsBee

Sep 4, 2020
    I am embarrassed and ashamed to see so many whingers about losing a bit of sleep by their own damn phones they willingly left turned on in their own damn homes.

If you've ever used the word "snowflake" at someone else, you should be too when you look at yourselves in the mirror the next time.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    A non custodial parental abduction is an abduction, period. They don't all run off to live anonymous lives in Mexico or out west.. many result in death. Out of jealousy, control ('If I can't have him, neither can you'), mental crisis, whatever. I can count half a dozen cases from memory where a woman drove herself and her kids into a lake, river, off a cliff; or how about a guy stopping in the middle of a bridge to throw their toddler over the side?

Non-custodial parents sometimes lose custody for very good reasons.

For every one noncustodial parent abduction that ends with the kid harmed, there are 1000s that don't. Its just not the same thing as a stranger abduction and shouldn't kick off the same response.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Some people don’t get enough sleep as is

Waking everyone up doesn’t help get the kid back from one parent to another.

This horse shit of using amber alerts when one parent “abducts “ their own child has to stop also. Should be reserved for actual abductions.
    Words have meaning. Like calling everyone a “hero”. Destroys the word.

Nonsense. This is an actual abduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    For every one noncustodial parent abduction that ends with the kid harmed, there are 1000s that don't. Its just not the same thing as a stranger abduction and shouldn't kick off the same response.

BS, it should receive the same due caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Given the heavy predisposition to give custody to the moms, if Dad has custody , she likely is a hot mess . And dad and grandparents being beaten are a clue also

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom