• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Picking back up where I was at end of Winter Indoor League last year and a Hammerli X-Esse Sport .22 LR is high up on my Christmas Wish List.

Wife brought it up this afternoon and I am hunting for opinions of any who have owned one . . .

Thanks in advance!

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I'm still not sure what the difference is between the X-Esse and the Sig Trailside, but I own the Sig and love it. I dabbled in bullseye, own a nice SW 41, and few Rugers etc but the Sig is my favorite. It just seems to balance better.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    They've got a good reputation. Not an Olympic-tier gun, but a notch below that level.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Pardini is an Olympic tier gun. Don't know anyone personally with a Hammerli but one of my club members has a Pardini. I shoot in the mid-90's per string with a heavy barrel Browning Buckmark the few times I do bullseye a year. I have never shot anything better although I'd like to. Bullseye is just not my main shooting discipline.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Thanks, gents. jr, I’m also shopping 210’s and I have a feeling the differences between the Esse and Trailside likely run similar to those between the 210 standard and target (namely sights, grips, etc.).

LOL, one of our leaguesters shoots a Pardini albeit with a red dot and while the wife may need to “go in on” one with “Santa” I’m certainly open to that as well (just with open sights).

I think I’m going inquire who within our club knows where the Ransom Rest is and what grip patterns exist for it ... (should’ve done all that over the summer :-/

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    I've got the Trailside and shoot Bullseye with it. Great gun...very accurate and almost never malfunctions. I think the grips changed on the X-Esse but not sure what else. Larry Carter of Larry's Guns was a well known source for parts for these guns but he passed away. May be worth checking availability with other suppliers if you plan to make any mods to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom