• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennyd

The "HOOK" guy
    Jul 28, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    I was surprised (in a sad way) to read that MSI only had about 1,700 members, for some reason I thought there was a lot more.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I was surprised (in a sad way) to read that MSI only had about 1,700 members, for some reason I thought there was a lot more.

So, 1700 is an all time high. But membership is everything, as more members makes it possible to do much more. Think about it. MDShooters has roughly 20,000 members. So, here is the question: Why aren't all those folks MSI members. No one does more for 2A rights in Maryland than MSI. Come on folks, membership is a bargain at $25.00 per year for a basic membership. And, as a privilege of membership, MSI is now an AGC club, which means that members have rights to get a range badge at the AGC range! We are all volunteers at MSI. I work on MSI business for free as does every officer and Board member. Don't be a free rider.

So, 1700 is an all time high. But membership is everything, as more members makes it possible to do much more. Think about it. MDShooters has roughly 20,000 members. So, here is the question: Why aren't all those folks MSI members. No one does more for 2A rights in Maryland than MSI. Come on folks, membership is a bargain at $25.00 per year for a basic membership. And, as a privilege of membership, MSI is now an AGC club, which means that members have rights to get a range badge at the AGC range! We are all volunteers at MSI. I work on MSI business for free as does every officer and Board member. Don't be a free rider.

And as an added, added bonus, you could have Knovotny, Art3 or myself teach your range walk through class.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I was glad to hear the news last night via MSI email. I was at the Frederick show today and got a chance to meet up with ShafTed and Bigfoot44. Good conversation as always. This was a topic of discussion between us as well as a being a positive talking point when people showed up at the booth. This news put smiles on some faces today. Thanks MSI! More money coming your way soon.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016

I'm glad I joined a while ago. My only regret was being lazy and not going to any of the ACG orientations. I guess my other only regret is that I have misplaced the MSI water bottle I bought.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    You were and are appreciated. It’s great to see that many paying members.

Someday, when my life calms down, I’ll dive back in to activism.

Famous last words. Like on the tombstone! We'd take you back in an instant!

kennyd

The "HOOK" guy
    Jul 28, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    During the 2013 fiasco it was 400.

I was one of those 400.

You were and are appreciated. It’s great to see that many paying members.

Someday, when my life calms down, I’ll dive back in to activism.

I was as well, spend many days in Annapolis for hearings and the yearly 2A Tuesdays. My daughter even testified late one night...

Sorry for the poor video, it was the best I could get:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXbv4_D-In8

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Famous last words. Like on the tombstone! We'd take you back in an instant!

Thank you, my friend. There are some demons in the family we have been dealing with for a few years. I think we are fairly close to having things in a steady state. Only need to get this COVID pandemic behind us. Are former board members still permitted at board meetings?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Thank you, my friend. There are some demons in the family we have been dealing with for a few years. I think we are fairly close to having things in a steady state. Only need to get this COVID pandemic behind us. Are former board members still permitted at board meetings?

We are doing board meetings virtually, given the pandemic. (Some of us are in the high risk category). And yes, you would be welcome to join us at a meeting (virtually or otherwise) any time you want!

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

Councilor, I hoped/thought we had a better ratio than this. I have to up my level of MSI participation. Thanks for throwing this out there for us to see, and for fighting the good fight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom