• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    Some online sellers of reloading supplies allow you to put in your email address to be notified when primers are in stock. Just wondering if
    1) people have done this and been notified
    2) after being notified, were you able to successfully order the in stock primers.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Some online sellers of reloading supplies allow you to put in your email address to be notified when primers are in stock. Just wondering if
    1) people have done this and been notified
    2) after being notified, were you able to successfully order the in stock primers.
    I've left maybe 50+ notifications and have receive ZERO!

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I got one from midway at 5am. I was up and looked and they were in stock. I checked again at 6am and they were gone. That was about a month ago and it was for cci br2 primers.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Midway has always notified me on back orders.
    You need to be quick on the draw for it is:

First Come First Served.

I was lucky to be at my laptop when notified.
    I immediately ordered 1K 5,56 FMJ and was accepted.
    I then went back to check and Sold Out No Back Orders.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Totally useless in my experience. It also would not shock me at all if bots were being deployed against some of the bigger websites, too.

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I got one from midway at 5am. I was up and looked and they were in stock. I checked again at 6am and they were gone. That was about a month ago and it was for cci br2 primers.

This was my experience. Got up at 4 before work, checked my email and midway had said WSR and WLR were in stock. Got 5k of each. It's just a crapshoot. Sometimes BassPro has primers in stock for 30 nanoseconds.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Notifications no. I did luck out and Powder valley had Win LPP in stock for a few maybe 6 weeks ago. Limit 1k. Ordered and then realized I wanted to add 1# of powder. Called customer service, got them to cancel my order and re-input as they couldn’t add to it.

They did have the primers in stock for at least the 15 minutes it took me to do all that.

They were out of stock half an hour later.

No notification. I just troll a dozen websites daily once or twice.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Looks like their stock system isn’t working or they ran out in the 5 minutes I took just now to see what powder they had (basically none).

It let me add it and some bullets to my cart. Went to check out and gone. Let me add them back in and then gone. Now just doesn’t show as in stock.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That's odd, I know the original link didn't work, but my bot showed stock until 15:47, 18minutes after you posted OOS..

That’s likely when it showed stock for me briefly. Let me add it to my cart and I waited too long (all of 3 minutes to search their powders) and removed them from my cart as out of stock.

A couple minutes later they showed in stock again, let me add them and the next page I navigated to said out of stock and the page then showed it as OOS.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That’s likely when it showed stock for me briefly. Let me add it to my cart and I waited too long (all of 3 minutes to search their powders) and removed them from my cart as out of stock.

A couple minutes later they showed in stock again, let me add them and the next page I navigated to said out of stock and the page then showed it as OOS.
    The link showed (me) not in stock, but when I searched their site, it showed 'in stock' until I added it to cart, then it showed OOS.
    Hey, they're trying their best to deal with this ******** situation too. Sign of the times...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    with shipping, hazmat, etc the cost doubles the actual one box of primers cost, but still well less than gunbroker.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah f lg outdoors. thankfully there are a fair amount of stores selling primers and ammo at somewhat reasonable prices, albeit in limited quantities. those will be the ones i go to first when (well, if) stuff comes back to normal.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I’m about 9.5 months late getting into a pandemic hobby. I’ve managed to find bullets and brass between Grafs and Brownells. I found powder between Cabelas and Brownells.

Now I’m playing the waiting game for primers like everyone else. At 4am while half asleep I thought I found the Motherlode only to find out during checkout they were a Canadian company. So now I have Powder Valley, Grafs, Midsouth Shooters, Midway, and Brownells open refreshing occasionally.

I setup in stock notifications on Brownells hoping they will come through if they get any in stock. I’ve had good luck with receiving notifications from them in the past when something I wanted came back in stock. Though that wasn’t reloading components and it was pre-pandemic. Hopefully they’re not as bad as Aero who didn’t notify me they had lowers in stock and I only found out because they posted a photo on Facebook and I decided to check their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom