• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    So what you’re saying is that if you’re a working man/woman who doesn’t have their phone or computer in front of them 24/7, then you’re sol?
    That's been my experience so far.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I’m simply waiting for a notification on anything to see if it works and in the mean time having fun reading the boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    That's been my experience so far.

That’s what I figured. People like me don’t have a chance. I know that there is a small percentage of buyers who actually use the primers while the there is a large percentage who just hoards them and never plans on using them. In the latter case, everyone loses except the anti gun politicians and the market. The stock piles of unused ammo and primers don’t go out and vote or fight against gun laws. Without ammo, less people are enjoying our sport and 2A rights and more people are being discouraged to the point of giving up on it.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    So what you’re saying is that if you’re a working man/woman who doesn’t have their phone or computer in front of them 24/7, then you’re sol?

pretty much. but if you do use or have access to a computer you can run discord/distill in the background and just jump when you hear the beep. there have been primers & powder etc released on weekends, evenings, over night, etc. and it sounds like folks are getting lucky here and there stopping at sporting goods stores.

the good news, there are folks like me that pretty much have what they need now (whatever that means...) so i think demand will be falling which will make it easier for the rest to buy.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county

Worse, you need to be a new age communication person also. Discord

Not email or text. That is sooo yesterday

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I am experimenting with an on line bot that checks websites. So far, just Started today, it is checking Midway, Grafs, Sportsman's Warehouse and Powder Valley reliably. Brownell, Midsouth and LG Outddoors don't seem to be tracking, I don;t know if it works and i will report back as I know. If it does not I will engage my son. He's a computer engineer and discord follower. I'm sure he'll be able to figure this out if I can't.

Any other you want me to try I will. It requires to e-mail not instant phone response. So it could be better, but its all I found in a short bit looking.

https://uptimerobot.com/

Attachments

• Uptimerobot.jpg
      Uptimerobot.jpg
      46.7 KB · Views: 195
    I have not been able to finish a transaction yet. 3 of them that were still available, I clicked as soon as getting the discord post, but I was too slow setting up the order

I'm fairly certain that these notifications are only being posted after the person receiving the original notification has already purchased what they want. I've only seen four primer notifications total in the last two weeks. I was successful in two of them. One of them the price was a little high but I purchased them anyway and the other was Midway USA and I was coincidentally already on their web page with products in my cart when the notification came in so I immediately went to their primer page added the primers and checked out. Luckily that went through.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm fairly certain that these notifications are only being posted after the person receiving the original notification has already purchased what they want. I've only seen four primer notifications total in the last two weeks. I was successful in two of them. One of them the price was a little high but I purchased them anyway and the other was Midway USA and I was coincidentally already on their web page with products in my cart when the notification came in so I immediately went to their primer page added the primers and checked out. Luckily that went through.
    I've seen none since October. Lucky you.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    pretty much. but if you do use or have access to a computer you can run discord/distill in the background and just jump when you hear the beep. there have been primers & powder etc released on weekends, evenings, over night, etc. and it sounds like folks are getting lucky here and there stopping at sporting goods stores.

the good news, there are folks like me that pretty much have what they need now (whatever that means...) so i think demand will be falling which will make it easier for the rest to buy.
    That is impossible for me since I work in a place where phones are prohibited and I’m not hardly around a computer. Guess I just have to hope I get lucky on my days off or when I get off work *♂️

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    Damn, Natchez had SPP and I put them in my cart, then a notice for LPP popped also add them. Got a time out trying to login. By the time I got logged in the SPP was removed from cart. :sad20: I got out the door with the LPP but lost the SPP because they went off at the same time. Lost the SPP trying to be greedy and save on hatmat fees.

Thought it was all going to work out and get both, but nope. It would be nice if it could with having to pay $15 shipping and $20 hazmat. Damn, I wish you could by these local again.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Damn, Natchez had SPP and I put them in my cart, then a notice for LPP popped also add them. Got a time out trying to login. By the time I got logged in the SPP was removed from cart. :sad20: I got out the door with the LPP but lost the SPP because they went off at the same time. Lost the SPP trying to be greedy and save on hatmat fees.

Thought it was all going to work out and get both, but nope. It would be nice if it could with having to pay $15 shipping and $20 hazmat. Damn, I wish you could by these local again.

Did you get an email notice they were back In stock ?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

that's really the problem. whether they actually limit you to x quantity, or whether you have to just buy one at a time due to time constraints (ie going oos), we're paying a lot more by having hazmat fees not spread out over multiple items.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    Did you get an email notice they were back In stock ?

No, Discord notification while sitting here working. I am signed in for e-mails on it and even my bot tracking never emailed me.

that's really the problem. whether they actually limit you to x quantity, or whether you have to just buy one at a time due to time constraints (ie going oos), we're paying a lot more by having hazmat fees not spread out over multiple items.

Yea, i want to got back to buy them at the local gun shop. Maybe next year, or the year after that.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    What do you think of Powder Valley's method? If they don't have it in stock, they don't display a product.

That has merits.

But at times I would like to see the possible choices and prices.

But it is annoying with some sites, where you have to click on each item to see if it is in stock.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    That's what I was thinking also, from the feedback I've read here. I presume most of the people that buy and then notify are running some form of bot themselves to know when items are available. Seems an anti-bot stance would be cutting your nose off in spite of your face..

It would depend.

Like the ammo thread here on MDS, I have posted things that I have found, that I did not order first, because I did not want to buy any.

I have no problem with a bot to notify. But people are obviously running fully automated bots that place the order.

A simple Captcha stage would stop that.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I would strongly suggest that you go to midwayusa, brownells, powder valley or whoever else sales primers and will send you notifications and sign up for the first level notifications instead of relying on someone else to do it for you.

I have signed up for all of them, and NOT GOTTEN ONE NOTIFICATION.

They sell out before their system can notice and send the emails.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It would depend.

Like the ammo thread here on MDS, I have posted things that I have found, that I did not order first, because I did not want to buy any.

I have no problem with a bot to notify. But people are obviously running fully automated bots that place the order.

A simple Captcha stage would stop that.

That would be nice...

It is probably too much hassle for the merchants, but if they wanted to go the extra mile to ensure fair access to as many people as possible it wouldn't be a limit of 1 per person day. They'd do something like limit 1 per person per month per type of primer. That should severely limit scalpers and hoarders (run it based on address, NOT account or name to keep scalpers from registering multiple accounts. If they want to go to the hassle of having multiple mailing addresses, well I guess more power to them). It would still allow most everyone else to get that box or case of SPP, LPP, etc. Yes it probably would screw someone who is a competition shooter and reloads several thousand rounds a month. On the other hand, all of the regular reloaders who can't get a thing because it is in stock and then out of stock in a few seconds because of scalpers and hoarders would likely actually have a chance to get what they need.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    That would be nice...

It is probably too much hassle for the merchants, but if they wanted to go the extra mile to ensure fair access to as many people as possible it wouldn't be a limit of 1 per person day. They'd do something like limit 1 per person per month per type of primer. That should severely limit scalpers and hoarders (run it based on address, NOT account or name to keep scalpers from registering multiple accounts. If they want to go to the hassle of having multiple mailing addresses, well I guess more power to them). It would still allow most everyone else to get that box or case of SPP, LPP, etc. Yes it probably would screw someone who is a competition shooter and reloads several thousand rounds a month. On the other hand, all of the regular reloaders who can't get a thing because it is in stock and then out of stock in a few seconds because of scalpers and hoarders would likely actually have a chance to get what they need.

So any multi person house with multiple people who reload their own ammo wouldn't be able to get their own primers with your 1 per month per address idea. The 1 per day limit most of these places are doing now is fine. What the companies really should do if they want to be "fair" is set up their carts like tickets for sporting and music events, once it's in the cart you have X number of minutes to checkout before the item becomes available to someone else. Put primers in cart and checkout in 5 minutes. If you wander off to find a roll pin and lose your primers it's on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom