• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Hey if anyone wants someone to sign on a shall-issue suit for MD I'm all ears. I'll gladly take requirements for training, licensing and insurance if I know I will eventually get the thing.

I need training, licensing and insurance for work and vehicles so I'm fine with it for firearms.

I'm not.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Not quite. NY could find that the two individual plaintiffs and every current member of NYSRPA have "proper cause" to be issued a permit.

NYC already said they weren’t in a special circumstance so a reversal at this point would be so obvious even the liberal justices would know exactly what they’re doing.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Hey if anyone wants someone to sign on a shall-issue suit for MD I'm all ears. I'll gladly take requirements for training, licensing and insurance if I know I will eventually get the thing.

I need training, licensing and insurance for work and vehicles so I'm fine with it for firearms.

Suit already filed :
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/documents/summary/4-public-documents/232-call-v-jones-complaint

If you want to help it be successful, donate to MSI at:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=AV9BENPTZCKEU

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    When would ruling be?
    2 weeks?

Nobody

Good question. It’s borderline as far as making it to be heard this term. I don’t know how full the SCOTUS docket is right now.
    I suspect NYC will try to drag this out as far as possible.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Good question. It’s borderline as far as making it to be heard this term. I don’t know how full the SCOTUS docket is right now.
    I suspect NYC will try to drag this out as far as possible.

I wonder if the new five-vote majority will launch a per curiam immediately to prevent any court packing or mooting. Normally that path requires six votes, but IIRC there was a per curiam with four dissenters recently.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Roberts and all three libs AND one of the conservatives can do just that. It still only takes four to grant cert.

Roberts won't vote for and the other 3 libs won't vote for cert.

That leaves 5. 2 or 3 may not vote for cert to curry favor with Roberts to vote with them on a more important (to them) case.

Cert denied.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Roberts won't vote for and the other 3 libs won't vote for cert.

That leaves 5. 2 or 3 may not vote for cert to curry favor with Roberts to vote with them on a more important (to them) case.

Cert denied.

You're right, everything's impossible now that there's a conservative majority on the court. We should just stop trying. And for good measure, we should go back and kill the Heller case, since that was impossible, too.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I didn't think the ATF would be offering "free" tax stamps for SBRs either, yet here we are.

True but it’s a totally different thing. With regard to the packing the SC if Dems take the senate, there are many Democrat Senators who want no part of that. Not sure they’d get all of them to fall in line for it, I certainly hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    You're right, everything's impossible now that there's a conservative majority on the court. We should just stop trying. And for good measure, we should go back and kill the Heller case, since that was impossible, too.

We shall see what the (d)'s can do with 50/50 Senate and Harris tie break. Quite a bit more than the (R)'s.

Try all you want, we know the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom