• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    How is daytime brightness? Is it keeping up, in your opinion?
    Daytime bright. We were out in broad daylight and I picked it up as quick and comfortable as the eotech and I’d say quicker than my green Trijicon MRO. It’s holding up great despite my notoriously non-gentle ways (and habit of occasionally still calculating torque in “Ugha-Dughas”)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Daytime bright. We were out in broad daylight and I picked it up as quick and comfortable as the eotech and I’d say quicker than my green Trijicon MRO. It’s holding up great despite my notoriously non-gentle ways (and habit of occasionally still calculating torque in “Ugha-Dughas”)
    Pretty impressive. Maybe I'll pick one up sometime. Heard they turned the round counter feature off, though. :(

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I gave in and bought a used one for my .300 BLK SBR. We'll see how well it works with night vision and switching super/sub zeroes.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Soooo, got my Foresight. Initial impressions:
    1. Brightness is good, but not spectacular. I am not such a huge fan of the color of the UI.
    2. The app worked well enough for me. I turned literally everything but the reticle off to simplify the UI. I don't hate the compass or the angle indicator, but no need for them. Wish the round counter was still enabled. :(
    3. Believe it or not, this thing has what seem to be usable night vision modes at 0 and 1 brightness. There is a teensy bit of backlight bleed on the edges of the optic when there's no ambient, but when I went into my (nearly blacked-out) bathroom, the reticle itself was pretty sharp. 0 was good for no ambient; once I turned on my helmet IR nav light, I needed setting 1. It's not an Eotech, the light transmission isn't mind-blowing, but it's good enough that I'm going to zero it and see if it's workable.
    4. The controls are bleh, but usable. Haven't zeroed it yet, so no idea about that.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Soooo, got my Foresight. Initial impressions:
    1. Brightness is good, but not spectacular. I am not such a huge fan of the color of the UI.
    2. The app worked well enough for me. I turned literally everything but the reticle off to simplify the UI. I don't hate the compass or the angle indicator, but no need for them. Wish the round counter was still enabled. :(
    3. Believe it or not, this thing has what seem to be usable night vision modes at 0 and 1 brightness. There is a teensy bit of backlight bleed on the edges of the optic when there's no ambient, but when I went into my (nearly blacked-out) bathroom, the reticle itself was pretty sharp. 0 was good for no ambient; once I turned on my helmet IR nav light, I needed setting 1. It's not an Eotech, the light transmission isn't mind-blowing, but it's good enough that I'm going to zero it and see if it's workable.
    4. The controls are bleh, but usable. Haven't zeroed it yet, so no idea about that.
    I haven’t updated the latest firmware I guess bc I still have the round count; thanks for the heads up! I’m curious why that might have been removed. Work has been going gangbusters for a few months now (hence my scarce presence here), but I’ll have to find some time to dig around on that question…. The shade of green is unconventional. I didn’t even realize it was NV compatible (I only play with thermal, but maybe this is an excuse to dive in. I have a couple compatible eotechs too)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I took my SBR with the Foresight out to the NRA range to zero it. Brought my 125gr supersonic and my 200gr subsonic reloads.

Meprolight recommends the "Double Shoot" app to zero the Foresight, so I decided to give it a go. Free two week trial, etc. Truthfully, I was quite impressed with it, and may actually get a subscription ($18 a year, IIRC). The image scanning software worked correctly with minimal fuss, and the recommendations it made for adjustment were dead on. In particular, the subsonics at 10m really only required two passes (initial and confirmation) to zero in, which is amazing.

The Meprolight app itself is meh. I had to turn off Bluetooth and the app and cycle the optic's bluetooth to make it work at first. It was OK after that. I set up two profiles, one for supers, one for subs. Seemed like it worked as expected. The optic itself is darker than I'd prefer due to the tinting, but I didn't have any trouble with it indoors.

TBH, I spent most of my time simply grinning at my 200gr subs working 100% with my suppressor... they don't work as well without it. Forgot how great they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom