• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Does this show include WW1 and WW2 firearm?

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    yes but no modern handguns so no 1911's or Lugers but tons of single action army revolvers and rifles are fine. Lots of one of a kind and unicorn stuff there.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay

They sure have gone down hill since like 20 years ago. They are nor worth the time or time getting out of bed and the drive going to shows in Maryland. Do you remember the one show they used to have in the Pikesville Armory and also one at the Putty Hill near Harford Rd. Tall Cedars lodge each year. There used to be huge selection of guns and rifles. Many military surplus rifles and cheap ammo. Now they sell, candy, socks, ice packs for aching muscles and China tools. Not a real gun show anymore.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The MACA show is the absolute best

I go to that one to gawk, drool and dream

I remember my Father taking me to a gun show when I was a kid. It was huge! I saw my first Krag there and was amazed, I fell in love with the design (I guess because it was different) And when I saw Gregory Peck shoot that rabid dog with one I knew what it was! I can't remember if that show was at the Civic Center or 5th Regiment Armory??

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They sure have gone down hill since like 20 years ago. They are nor worth the time or time getting out of bed and the drive going to shows in Maryland. Do you remember the one show they used to have in the Pikesville Armory and also one at the Putty Hill near Harford Rd. Tall Cedars lodge each year. There used to be huge selection of guns and rifles. Many military surplus rifles and cheap ammo. Now they sell, candy, socks, ice packs for aching muscles and China tools. Not a real gun show anymore.

My coment was intentionally insipid.
    The real answer is 'depends'. Depends on what you are looking for.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I get that MD gun shows have been in a decline for a long time. But...if we don't support them they will go away forever. Vendors won't rent tables where there's little potential to make a profit...and no promoter will lease a facility if there's no potential for vendors to rent tables. It's pure economics...and the politicians will laugh that gun shows went away and they didn't have to take the blame.

Besides...even at a gun show that's sparsely attended...if you find that one item you've been looking for it's a good show.

proto05

Dec 23, 2016
    Balto county
    I remember going to a pretty good Blue Fins show in Dundalk in fall 2016. Lots of gun and ammo tables, no other BS. Don’t think they’ve done another since.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    It's a Catch -22 situation.
    Vendors don't have any thing in the way of bargains, add to that things you can buy in neighboring states, you can't in MD.
    So less vendors set up,, promoter raises door price to cover costs, so less people come. Then all of a sudden you have over priced cover charges for small shows with overpriced merchandise.
    And in the end, the internet changed everything- no need for the overhead of brick and mortar, no more finding a bargain on used guns as anyone can check the price of gran-pops used guns on gunbroker.

I used to love going to the show at the Annapolis Armory in the early-mid 90s.
    I picked up a used (but new with stickers still on it) Marlin Model 60 for $50, you could find most anything, and every other table had an under priced treasure.

Hate to say it, them days are over, welcome to the digital age of information.

I get that MD gun shows have been in a decline for a long time. But...if we don't support them they will go away forever. Vendors won't rent tables where there's little potential to make a profit...and no promoter will lease a facility if there's no potential for vendors to rent tables. It's pure economics...and the politicians will laugh that gun shows went away and they didn't have to take the blame.

Besides...even at a gun show that's sparsely attended...if you find that one item you've been looking for it's a good show.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Honestly I think the internet and the drying up C&R market killed gun shows. I don't need to go to a show and pay admission to look for something my local shop doesn't have, I can find it online and have it shipped. The days of rack after rack of low price C&R are over. We bought them all. There are no more great storehouses of bolt action military rifles sitting in cosmoline waiting to be sold for $100. I get it that some people still enjoy browsing but I personally think they're going to be a relic replaced by the digital market within a few years.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The future trajectory of Professional Medium- Large Shows is what it is .

I like old school throwback small to semi- pro Shows . Think American Legion , or Fraternal Lodge size . Sometimes put on in house by the organization , sometimes promoted by local business .

The single Maryland Show that I consistently find the most things that interest * Me * is .....Jarrettsville VFW .

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Honestly I think the internet and the drying up C&R market killed gun shows. I don't need to go to a show and pay admission to look for something my local shop doesn't have, I can find it online and have it shipped. The days of rack after rack of low price C&R are over. We bought them all. There are no more great storehouses of bolt action military rifles sitting in cosmoline waiting to be sold for $100. I get it that some people still enjoy browsing but I personally think they're going to be a relic replaced by the digital market within a few years.

Beat me to it. :thumbsup:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What people really mean to say is " Drying up of large quantities of recently imported Milsurps " . The big picture pool of C&R is growing all the time , as more guns age into the catagory .

bradg

May 12, 2017
    The couple shows i have been to since COVID started were mostly not-guns. The guns that were there were 1. black rifles and parts for black rifles, 2. plastic pistols, 3. grandpa's old duck hunting shotgun. And mostly ammo where you can see on the box they crossed out the old price and wrote in a new higher price.

D.77f150

Jun 1, 2017
    Union bridge
    This thread has me feeling sad for the good old days. We used to have great gun shows at places like the Greenbelt Armory, Equestrian Center, Timonium, and HoCo fairgrounds. Our liberal overlords really ruined it for us in the last 30 years. One by one, these places were slowly shutdown.

Honestly i can't remember the last time i genuinely enjoyed a show around here.
    Last one i went to that was amazing was in Nevada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom