• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    the best shows other than the MACA shows are the little ones. I run the members swap meet at the BCC IWLA every year and it is a bunch of us emptying the house of stuff we don't use and the older guys down sizing, I tend to leave the house with my truck full and come home with a full truck of different stuff and some cash.
    We didn't have one last year because of COVI and I don't know what the plan is for this year

Hippy

Mar 11, 2008
    Frostburg Md
    Going bac many,many,many Beers ago shows were worth the effort BUTTTTT they went from 1-2 a year to 1 a month withing driving distance. Harrisonburg Va had a show every Memorial day weekend promoted by a few locals and it was always TOP NOTCH .

The one @ Mason/Dixon was another that did well for a VERY small show then the Knives,socks ruined it

In those days you could find a deal as most vendors new there would not B another show for several months--two of my friends had small shops @ home and they would do more in a weekend @ two or three shows then they would all year

JIm

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I get that MD gun shows have been in a decline for a long time. But...if we don't support them they will go away forever. Vendors won't rent tables where there's little potential to make a profit...and no promoter will lease a facility if there's no potential for vendors to rent tables. It's pure economics...and the politicians will laugh that gun shows went away and they didn't have to take the blame.

Besides...even at a gun show that's sparsely attended...if you find that one item you've been looking for it's a good show.

Exactly this.

Folks can hate on the junk tables all they want. But there are actual gun and gun accessories available at other tables. And since participation by many 2A vendors from out of state is down... we should be thanking the junk table dealers for keeping the shows alive for our own MDS IPs and other Maryland 2A dealers and organizations, such as MSI. Some one must rent those tables to keep the shows alive for us.

I’ve seen many “new to the 2A community” folks at the recent shows. If the shows die... where will they go in their efforts to join our community?

Apathy kills.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I never minded the jerky and junk vendors. What bothers me is the lack of firearm vendors...and the fact that typically, they were all from Baltimore. If you live in Deep Southern Maryland, as I do, buying a pistol from any of those dealers meant signing up for a 4-hour round trip drive. Which was not worth the trouble.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I never minded the jerky and junk vendors. What bothers me is the lack of firearm vendors...and the fact that typically, they were all from Baltimore. If you live in Deep Southern Maryland, as I do, buying a pistol from any of those dealers meant signing up for a 4-hour round trip drive. Which was not worth the trouble.

Point taken...but promoters need to rent tables...and if gun vendors aren't showing in sufficient numbers to fill the venue then promoters have to rent the tables to those who will show. Unfilled tables = less revenue which leads to discontinuance of the show.

I don't like seeing jerky and non-gun related tables at what is supposed to be a gun show...but it's pure economics. Put yourself in the promoters shoes and you'll get the picture.

Dec 7, 2020
    None in Maryland, York is very good, i would definitely go to York again.
    With covid still going on, I would not go to the any in Maryland or Virginia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom