• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    I saw those same build kits, and knowing nothing really about them except the general concept of build kits it had me wondering what the draw is, as I can buy the real thing cheaper than the kit. Is it just having a gun off the books? Or is there some other build kit benefit I'm missing? I'm genuinely curious about the draw to them.

I really don't know what the draw is, to some I'm certain its the no background check. In fact a number of the guys I witnessed buying the kits didn't "appear" to be the type that spend a lot of time doing things legally, but I never paid much attention to them.
    Now that they are on the endangered species list, I thought I would take a look before they are gone. I like building things, myself so there is some draw there.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    When I was there Saturday, the usual ammo vendor guy was there as always. Younger guy with an older gent helping him... just to the right of the door in the main hall, took up an entire row of tables. Maybe he sold out and left early?

Same vendor that is usually set up outside the entrance doors at the Timonium and York shows, near where you pay the entrance fees.

You're right...that guy was there, but I'm thinking of the guys with thousands of rounds of ammo for sale. That guy had numerous calipers and several boxes of each.

So they were flipping Wally World shells? Walmart still $22 a hundred for Winchester 20 ga last week.
    Yup, and doubling or tripling their money.

Ravitch

Feb 28, 2021
    Cape St. Claire
    I really don't know what the draw is, to some I'm certain its the no background check. In fact a number of the guys I witnessed buying the kits didn't "appear" to be the type that spend a lot of time doing things legally, but I never paid much attention to them.
    Now that they are on the endangered species list, I thought I would take a look before they are gone. I like building things, myself so there is some draw there.

I definitely get the aspect of enjoying building things, I failed to consider that. It's like the 3d printing world, most seem to enjoy tinkering and mod'ing the 3d printers as much or even more as they enjoy 3d printing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom