• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    You obviously haven't seen the 80% pistol kits that any idiot can finish in about 5 minutes with a pair of pliers and a hand drill.

It was a little different when you had to spend a fair amount of time and money, and then have as least some mechanical ability to mill a 1911 or AR receiver.

I knew when these Glock kits first came out that it wasn't going to be long before they started showing up on the streets the way they are today.
    They're still not guns even in that form. Are you sure you're on our side?

Many of us have bought kits just like that and are in the crosshairs of bad actors working with the anti gunners. It is not as easy as five minutes with pliers and a hand drill, that's a quick way to ruin a p80.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    You obviously haven't seen the 80% pistol kits that any idiot can finish in about 5 minutes with a pair of pliers and a hand drill.

It was a little different when you had to spend a fair amount of time and money, and then have as least some mechanical ability to mill a 1911 or AR receiver.
    I knew when these Glock kits first came out that it wasn't going to be long before they started showing up on the streets the way they are today.

Hello ATF

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    If you read what I wrote, I never said anything in support of new legislation or banning anything. I'm just saying that we can't keep denying that it is becoming a problem.

I am sorry if that was not your intent but all I heard was "I support the 2nd amendment BUT... common sense gun control... shoulder thing that goes up...no one needs more than 10 rounds... blood on the streets."

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    Way to support the 2A. :tdown:
    Eagle Arms Productions is anti-gun, got it.
    Idiot! Why would you do that to yourself?
    Maybe I’ll become a gun show promoter. 1st thing I’ll ban is cheap crappy Chinese knifes, and beef jerky.
    I’ll allow the roasted nuts, because they make the place smell good. It’s like cover scent, for some of the “uncleaned”. Lol
    Somehow I don't think this is going to play well. What about solvent trap kits and other accessories?
    So they closed the gun show loophole?
    Eagle Arms really thinks that average street criminals have the patience and skill to finish milling a lower receiver when they can more easily steal a complete firearm?

I recently visited a forum member who showed me the process. While cool and fascinating, the first thing that popped into my head is that the average Baltimore squeegee kid is not milling receivers. Not even P80 handgun receivers, because there are so many stolen guns on the market.

Organized crime *might* be a different story.
    Drank the kool-aid, he did.
    :( Gettysburg use to be one of my favorite gun shows. :(
    Did you read the article? If so.. read it again.
    This time, read between the lines.

So it was announced not by the show promoter, but the states' attorney...

... at a photo op in a location picked by a new democratic rep ...

... after the rep 'visited' the show and the AG's gestapo task force surveilled people buying the kits.

"Gee Mr Promoter, you got some bad people here committing illegal acts at your show. We'll be back in a couple weeks to see you again. Nice show you got here... be a shame if something happened to it..."

I have little doubt the mafia AG threatened to close him down.

It seems they caught the criminals... so what was this about?
    So the non-prohibited law abiding citizen looses his ability to buy an 80% lower because the law breakers use them? Here's a hint, the prohibited people are breaking the law and should be held accountable!

If we held everyone to your standard all cars would banned since there's lots of "prohibited" people driving without licenses and insurance and using cars to commit crimes.

Besides what's the chance of a Gansta building his own rifle when he can just steal it off buy it of street?
    This was posted on Eagle Arms Facebook page. I see there website is under construction.
    Well they can go FOAC themselves
    Don't let this thread leave the front page of the forum
    Unbelievable.......
    Sorry to bug you all but here's the head hauncho's direct contact info.

Call:*(610) 393-3047
    Email:*info@eagleshows.com

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Idiot Dick's! Why would you do that to yourself?
    Maybe I’ll become a gun show promoter. 1st thing I’ll ban is cheap crappy Chinese knifes, and beef jerky.
    I’ll allow the roasted nuts, because they make the place smell good. It’s like cover scent, for some of the “uncleaned”. Lol
    FIFY ;)

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010

Found the FUDD....when can we start saying i-dont-care-what-criminals-do. Criminals gonna crime. Thats it. Fewer rights for me doesnt even the score. It never does.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County

are you sure you're on the right forum bud?

because the argument you're using sounds very similar to Feinstein, Pelosi, Beto, The Brady Bunch, and the demanding mommies. Just saying.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I was a little harsh on the Trigger Tuner...I understand his position somewhat. No one wants gangs using 80% lowers to commit crimes. It's the part about infringing on the 2A rights of everyone else because the possibility that gangs might use them exists. If Eagle is really worried about it, then they might consider a compromise position where vendors ask for a CHP before selling the kits.

For the record, I'm not advocating that, just offering an alternative to banning.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    It sounds like there are two conflicting stories, and I don't know where to point my rage. If the AG or someone from the government told the promoter, "You aren't going to sell any more of those things, or you aren't going to have gun shows anymore," well, I guess I can't blame him for caving (and hopefully there is a lawsuit in the works...because that sure sounds like an infringement). :sad20:

If the promoter is virtue signalling (or even believes his own BS), and says, "I'm not going to allow the sale of any more of those evil devices," well...F him and the feinstein he rode in on. :tdown:

Hopefully we'll figure out which is the case :shrug:

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    are you sure you're on the right forum bud?

because the argument you're using sounds very similar to Feinstein, Pelosi, Beto, The Brady Bunch, and the demanding mommies. Just saying.

If that's the case, why is it that all you guys are not calling your favorite gun dealer in Md and asking them why they are not selling P80 parts and supplies?
    If they really support the 2A then they should be selling G17, G19 uppers and lower parts kits, jigs and tools. They will sell anything else they can a dime on, why not P80 stuff?
    I think we had a good argument a few years ago when there were none of these guns being used in crimes but if the numbers in that article above are accurate, that's no longer the case.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    It sounds like there are two conflicting stories, and I don't know where to point my rage. If the AG or someone from the government told the promoter, "You aren't going to sell any more of those things, or you aren't going to have gun shows anymore," well, I guess I can't blame him for caving (and hopefully there is a lawsuit in the works...because that sure sounds like an infringement). :sad20:

If the promoter is virtue signalling (or even believes his own BS), and says, "I'm not going to allow the sale of any more of those evil devices," well...F him and the feinstein he rode in on. :tdown:

I spoke with who I think was the head hauncho a minute ago, he claims no one pressured him, there's gangs buying them 15 at a time, his vendors are applauding him.

I was respectful and gave him my opinion/that I would discontinue business with him until he reverted his decision. Here's his contact info if you're interested.

Call:*(610) 393-3047
    Email:*info@eagleshows.com

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

To be clear, I don't have any inside information, I just read what was in the article. But considering the sequence of events, the AG surveilling the show and then they and the dem rep having a chat with the promoter; even if he says they didn't use any intimidation, the implication that they could take further steps is pretty clear. Only the promoter knows how willing he was to go along with it.

It sounds to me, that if they really wanted to catch any criminals buying them they just threw away a good chance to do it.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    If that's the case, why is it that all you guys are not calling your favorite gun dealer in Md and asking them why they are not selling P80 parts and supplies?

If they really support the 2A then they should be selling G17, G19 uppers and lower parts kits, jigs and tools. They will sell anything else they can a dime on, why not P80 stuff?

I think we had a good argument a few years ago when there were none of these guns being used in grimes but if the numbers in that article above are accurate, that's no longer the case.
    My LGS sells p80s and SBTactical braces. The market is there, and they are selling like hot cakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom