• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I also did go back and confirm their manual said the BDC was set up to use 1600 FPS ammo although I've done a lot of reading since this thread and as many indicated here no one shoots that high velocity ammo competitively. Perhaps they did not intend the BDC to be used competitively? Why the hell would you set up a scope specifically not for one application? So I am not sure if my next one will have that or not.

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    Did you download the Nikon App made for the scope and chrono your ammo? And just glancing over this thread wind and 22lr at distance can move you feet off target in shoot mine out past 300 and a light wind is 12-18inches depending on the range and don’t forget MOA or MIL it compounds at distance

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Im not impressed with Nikon, had issue with an old range finder, i send it in to see what the repair price would be, $265 to fix a 3yr old range finder...why would i pay that much for older tech? Told them to send it back to me, went with a new vortex range finder, lifetime warranty

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Expecting any kind of accuracy from a .22LR at 150 yards is highly dependent upon ammo selection. Most serious shooters using .22LR, shoot @ or inside of 50 yards using sub-sonic lead rounds.

My dad has an old Anschutz Model 54 that will group with 5 shots touching @ 100 yards with some ammo on a still day. That rifle has a 24" barrel and a hair trigger.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I also did go back and confirm their manual said the BDC was set up to use 1600 FPS ammo although I've done a lot of reading since this thread and as many indicated here no one shoots that high velocity ammo competitively. Perhaps they did not intend the BDC to be used competitively? Why the hell would you set up a scope specifically not for one application? So I am not sure if my next one will have that or not.

This is why I am not a fan of BDC.

Give me mil marks and/or easily dialble turrets.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If you want lightweight for field carry, with adjustable parallax, the Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40mm Riflescope with Rimfire MOA Reticle has nice, sharp glass. Less than $300 at times.

67df2c11fcabdacb44cdd3cd49673afd.jpg
    cfd7bdc3ef54bfcb30423bf29f328747.jpg

For a heavier rig, off a bench, there are many reasonably priced Vortex scopes with greater magnification. Keep in mind that 22LR has lots of issues going past 100 yards if shooting for accuracy.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If you want lightweight for field carry, with adjustable parallax, the Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40mm Riflescope with Rimfire MOA Reticle has nice, sharp glass. Less than $300 at times.

For a heavier rig, off a bench, there are many reasonably priced Vortex scopes with greater magnification. Keep in mind that 22LR has lots of issues going past 100 yards if shooting for accuracy.

How do you like that Winchester Wildcat?

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    Cabelas has a sale on Coventry Scopes that look good for rimfire. I ordered one for a Remington .22. I have heard that the Coventry is a rebranded Vortex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom