• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dealsearch

Aug 21, 2020
    Those prices are ridiculous. Was going to go to the show to offload ammo but forget it. Anyone interested in a 1500 round case of Czech surplus PM me

Not one of their shows, but the few commercial ammo vendors at the VGCA show in Manassas had plenty of it. I’m not sure if they’ll be at Nation’s too. It’s priced high enough it doesn’t get depleted.

There were lots of private sellers with ammo too. I saw people paying $15 a box of steel cased 7.62x39, $18 a box of brass 5.56, and $40 a box for 9mm brass FMJ.

You get your tickets for specific 2hr blocks. At the end of each block, they kick everyone out so ticket holders of the next block can go in.

SGK (different promoter) did that system at the last Fredericksburg show. There, it was a hard stop with no exceptions. My coworker said he saw a lady get kicked out by police halfway through doing paperwork on a gun.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    had a 6:00PM ticket. Said hi to Shfted at MSI. Purchased mainly mags. Saw a couple 1911's I was tempted to purchase as well as an EZ 380.. Even with TomKat there, I can purchase cheaper online. Organized. tons of knives.....

oberyn

Apr 19, 2021
    had a 6:00PM ticket. Said hi to Shfted at MSI. Purchased mainly mags. Saw a couple 1911's I was tempted to purchase as well as an EZ 380.. Even with TomKat there, I can purchase cheaper online. Organized. tons of knives.....

Kinda what I think a lot of folks expected, sadly. Other than just something to do, do you feel like there's much of a point? I assume they don't have much of anything you couldn't get online, accurate?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Kinda what I think a lot of folks expected, sadly. Other than just something to do, do you feel like there's much of a point? I assume they don't have much of anything you couldn't get online, accurate?

That could apply to anything, there's not much of anything anywhere you can't get online, period. If you're talking about ammo specifically you have to keep checking, but people keep reporting here that they are finding it eventually.

To me a gun show isn't about what you can't get online, because other than some rare c&r find that is never the case. I like to go to this one, but not with all the ridiculous hoops to jump through (timed entry, etc), for just 500 tables. With 2/3 of the show missing, odds are the ones I want to see might not be there.

I'll drive a little farther tomorrow for a 650 table show and no hoops to deal with.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Chantilly is my favorite show but I took a hard pass when I saw it was only 500 tables plus 2 hour timeslot tickets. I usually get there around 10 and leave at 5:00. That gives me plenty of time to walk the floor a couple of times and then zero in on purchases. I can't wait until this covid crap is over with.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    I remember when they used to have good prices on magazines the show. Not this weekend, lol. They were trying to charge me about $50 for a Canik TP9 full size mag.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yeah. The pistols were a want not necessarily a need. Was looking, too for a G20 SF, as well but mainly 80% for 17/19/26. They did have a gen 4 G20 but was expensive. Meh, I have never been to Gettysburg show so there is that. I did talk with JSD there, as well.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I remember when they used to have good prices on magazines the show. Not this weekend, lol. They were trying to charge me about $50 for a Canik TP9 full size mag.

So, you want a dealer to take a hit and sell magazines at 2019 prices, when the manufacturer is charging them 2021 prices?

Do I understand that correctly?

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    So, you want a dealer to take a hit and sell magazines at 2019 prices, when the manufacturer is charging them 2021 prices?

Nah, i get the supply and demand thing... Especially when you have a bunch of MD folk going through. You can just get a better price from the store in VA now than at the show, that's all. Used to be that the show price was better in that metric.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Grabagun has been stocked with what I wanted the past few months and nailed plenty of 9mm for under $20 a box this week.
    I've always went even if I didn't need anything but for $10 for 2 hours...the promoter can jam it!

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Current dealer price is 32.99 for Canik TP9 full size mag.
    He stated the show price was $50.00,, As with any show, for any hobby for the last 20 years,, it cost more at the show than most anywhere else.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    yeah. The pistols were a want not necessarily a need. Was looking, too for a G20 SF, as well but mainly 80% for 17/19/26. They did have a gen 4 G20 but was expensive. Meh, I have never been to Gettysburg show so there is that. I did talk with JSD there, as well.

York is probably my next favorite. Harrisburg too. Too bad 80 percents are now banned from Eagle Arms gun shows. I have not been shopping but I assume that the 80 percent madness buying is in full swing. I noticed that starting last year when rumors started flying. I know someone that bought a 5 pack of AR 80s from Thunder tactical and paid waaaaay more than I did several years ago. I think mine averaged out to about 35 bucks a piece or something like that.

Hope that everyone that DOES attend the show has a good time.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    York is probably my next favorite. Harrisburg too. Too bad 80 percents are now banned from Eagle Arms gun shows. I have not been shopping but I assume that the 80 percent madness buying is in full swing. I noticed that starting last year when rumors started flying. I know someone that bought a 5 pack of AR 80s from Thunder tactical and paid waaaaay more than I did several years ago. I think mine averaged out to about 35 bucks a piece or something like that.

They are not.

That is a maybe possible ban that a politician claimed was in place when he was in front of cameras for a photo op, and if true it lasted about 24-48 hours.

Article about agreement between JSD and Eagle Arms:

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/jsd-supply-returns-to-gun-shows-sell-80-ghost-guns/#ixzz6szq8mwS7
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

PA Attorney General Josh Shapiro jumped-the-gun bragging at his recent press conference, as 80% kits are now back on sale. So much for that fake-news “win”.

He (Owner of JSD Supply) went on to thank Eagle Arms Productions for keeping the lines of communication open. JSD Supply is moving forward with selling unfinished frame kits at Eagle Arms Production shows and will be returning in two weeks. (From date of article, Mar 19)

Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro did not return AmmoLand News’ request for comment on his now embarrassing press conference and the pro-freedom turn of events.

Brief summary of the events:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=6291803#post6291803

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD

My son and I went. I got a couple of Lancer 300 BLK mags, and my son got a few parts for his AR build, PMags, and some Winchester 5.56 ammo to test fire his build at the range when he's finished. Nowhere near as good as they used to be, but that was expected when we got the tickets.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Hopefully I won't be wasting my time going with my C&R license. On the prowl for Mausers, Enfields, Arisakas and the like from a few of the regular C&R collectible dealers that are there. Maybe pick up some reloading dies and components if there are any to be had.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom