• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    ... the lowest price in the show for 5.56 and 40S&W...:innocent0

You definitely did. My son picked up some 5.56 PMC X-TAC from you to test fire his new build at the range this weekend.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    That is why I dont go to gun shows, tool shows, any shows.
    I can walk in the local vendor's store front and buy it equal or lower price,, buy it online for 20-100% lower, or buy it 2nd hand for lower.

I used to go to Gun shows, tool shows, hobby shows in the early 90s, back then shows had deals.
    (for me) I don not see the logic of driving an hour or more, waiting in line, paying 10-15 to enter, for the chance to buy something at an inflated price.
    I would prefer to visit the vendor at his store front on a weekday morning and see everything he has and make a purchase.

I understand it is a social thing for some, and a chance to get out,, Personally I am not a shopper, but a"buyer"

To each his own,, like someone stated above,, if they are selling at the show prices,, why lower them ?

[Kev308];6320599 said:
    I have an observation and a question. Gun shows in MD seem to be of a lower grade then PA and VA shows. I know MD legislature has had it issues with gun shows in general, which lowered the quality, but my question is this:

I'm not the kind of guy who has money to buy a gun on a whim. Usually I research it, dream about it, obsess about it, then purchase it. Walking the tables at the show, it seemed that all the hand guns and long guns were list price or higher. Shotguns had the best deals. Why don't the vendors have lower prices to entice more sales and interest in future gun shows in MD? Make someone see a sale they can't pass up.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Buyer of commonly available , currently produced items .

I go to Shows to see more of the Old , Interesting , and Unusual than I can see in any one LGS .

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Agreed, If I was a collector of old or odd, be it guns or car parts, a show would be a good place.
    But just wanting to "buy" current available merchandise

Buyer of commonly available , currently produced items .

I go to Shows to see more of the Old , Interesting , and Unusual than I can see in any one LGS .

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I can walk in the local vendor's store front and buy it equal or lower price,, buy it online for 20-100% lower,

You get stuff online for free? After all if the price is 100% lower than it is in person, it must be free. :D

I must be going to the wrong sites.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    You get stuff online for free? After all if the price is 100% lower than it is in person, it must be free. :D

I must be going to the wrong sites.

He's not getting it for 20% lower either. Its an off-the-cuff comment to justify why he doesn't go to shows.

Sure, there are some vendors at the shows whose prices are outrageous, I could name a couple. There are also vendors whose prices will beat anything you find online. You can find items online for 20% lower than SOME show sellers, but not 20% lower than ALL of them.

McKenzie optics is one example several people have mentioned in the past. I've bought items from them at York and Gettysburg. When I visit the shows I will usually find something I like and check online to make sure I'm not overpaying. McKenzie optics is consistently lower by at least 10% to 20% than any online vendor including Amazon. I can name similar vendors where you can find other things cheaper than the same product online also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom