• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    One week away bump. August 19th is the deadline. Follow the instructions, and submit a polite comment opposing the AFT's over-reach in re-defining "firearms" well beyond what the legislation authorizes.

If you're not an "online" kind of person, they'll accept snail-mail submissions - but you've gotta act now ... AFT can't enter mailed comments into the electronic system after midnight on the 19th. Postmarks don't matter.

If you have a social media account, start spreading the word. If you don't ... well, make one to spread the word. I don't care if you don't like social media or not. Just do it.

At an absolute minimum, you've got a week to badger your family members to submit comments. Start badgering.

Attachments

• American-badger.jpg
      American-badger.jpg
      127.5 KB · Views: 327

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    I detect Mom-Bots in the comments (very likely mailing-list-style automated submissions.)

Comment ID
    ATF-2021-0001-132389

Dear Andrew Lange,

I am writing in support of ATF's proposed rule (Docket No. ATF 2021R-05) that would help stem the rise of ghost guns.

This proposed rule is a win for public safety and a loss for any criminals or extremists who want to buy untraceable guns with no background check and no questions asked. Ghost guns may be the scariest and fastest-growing gun safety threat in the country, allowing anyone to make an untraceable weapon in less than an hour. Additionally, they have emerged as a weapon of choice for violent criminals, gun traffickers, dangerous extremists, and other people legally prohibited from buying firearms. I urge the ATF to finalize this rule and protect public safety.

Sincerely,
    Mrs. Anne Gorman
    107 Marshall Ave Hamilton, NJ 08610-6303

----------------

Comment ID
    ATF-2021-0001-132396

Dear Andrew Lange,

I am writing in support of ATF's proposed rule (Docket No. ATF 2021R-05) that would help stem the rise of ghost guns.

This proposed rule is a win for public safety and a loss for any criminals or extremists who want to buy untraceable guns with no background check and no questions asked. Ghost guns may be the scariest and fastest-growing gun safety threat in the country, allowing anyone to make an untraceable weapon in less than an hour. Additionally, they have emerged as a weapon of choice for violent criminals, gun traffickers, dangerous extremists, and other people legally prohibited from buying firearms. I urge the ATF to finalize this rule and protect public safety.

Sincerely,
    Mrs. Eileen Nehiley
    8210 Glencliffe Ln Houston, TX 77070-3615

----------------

Comment ID
    ATF-2021-0001-132510

Dear Andrew Lange,

Sincerely,
    Mrs. Leslie Gallagher
    2240 Federal Ave Los Angeles, CA 90064-1404

There are many of these boilerplate comments. Could be a push from the Demanding Moms, but it would be easier and more reliable to just set up a computer to grab phone-book entries and send a webpage submission every 5-10 seconds.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Protection of public safety is NOT any good reason to enact new rules. There is not any constitutional reasoning behind that stance.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Protection of public safety is NOT any good reason to enact new rules. There is not any constitutional reasoning behind that stance.

There's also no logic behind the moms email-bombing ATF with identical supportive, emotional comments other than to make themselves feel important. Public comment periods aren't some sort of popular vote on a proposed reg, they're for the public and other interested parties to point put flaws, conflicts with existing law, inefficiencies, ambiguities, and potential negative effects if the reg is adopted as drafted.

It's important that our comments against the draft regulation be substantive and backstopped with statutory language, hard data, etc., not emotional drivel shouting how we "feel" about it. Leave that <delete>-key bait for the Everytown sock puppets.

Last edited:

Trappemann

Mar 26, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I detect Mom-Bots in the comments (very likely mailing-list-style automated submissions.)

There are many of these boilerplate comments. Could be a push from the Demanding Moms, but it would be easier and more reliable to just set up a computer to grab phone-book entries and send a webpage submission every 5-10 seconds.

I see it too. Pages and pages of boilerplate multi submissions from some group's membership list.

I have commented twice, with no use of profanity or disrespect, neither comment has been posted.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    I see it too. Pages and pages of boilerplate multi submissions from some group's membership list.

I have commented twice, with no use of profanity or disrespect, neither comment has been posted.

Definitely some kind of mail-merge automation. If you have doubts, ask your family members what their ZIP+four number is. EVERY one of these comments has it, and is formatted as shown below.

Attachments

• bafte_bot_comments.png
      bafte_bot_comments.png
      17.9 KB · Views: 215

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    There is ONE DAY left to comment on this. Please comment on this if you haven't already. Unique comments are much more useful than repeated boilerplate stuff.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Definitely some kind of mail-merge automation. If you have doubts, ask your family members what their ZIP+four number is. EVERY one of these comments has it, and is formatted as shown below.

I noticed a good many of these too. It looks like the anti gun automated comments are being posted but my unique comment has not.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    You perpetrators done commenting yet? Agent Beazit would really like to task Sebastian with a skittel-de-doo on the old computer to tally up the supportive comments, and start moving forward on preventing crime by making sure materials that can "readily be converted" into firearms have serial numbers.

Attachments

• beazit_wall.jpg
      beazit_wall.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 272

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Well done, Patriots.

Comments are still trickling in ... with posting dates of August 20 , but "received" dates of August 13. Guess there's a backlog of vetting for publication - there's a lot of boilerplate being submitted on both sides of the issue.

Attachments

• bafte_comment_count_2021aug19.png
      bafte_comment_count_2021aug19.png
      24.4 KB · Views: 210

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Well done, Patriots.

Comments are still trickling in ... with posting dates of August 20 , but "received" dates of August 13. Guess there's a backlog of vetting for publication - there's a lot of boilerplate being submitted on both sides of the issue.

Definitely true on all counts. It will be interesting to see final counts.

Personally, I don't see how they can even fix the proposed rule based on the comments I know have been submitted. At its core, the marking requirements for "split/multi-piece frames or receivers" are impossible to comply with. The Rule provides that “[t]he serial number identified on each part of a weapon defined as a frame or receiver must be the same number, but must not duplicate any serial number(s) placed by the licensee on any other firearm.” Because the definition of “firearm” includes “the frame or receiver of any such weapon,” licensees would de facto be prohibited from marking the same serial number on more than one frame or receiver. Thus, the requirement that licensees mark multiple frames or receivers with the same serial number cannot be reconciled with a licensee being forbidden from marking the same serial number on more than one firearm.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Baron von Frosh chimes in, encouraging finalization of the proposed rule.

Shocking, I know.

(disclosure - linked PDF contains weasel-words)

Attachments

• brian_frosh_by_mdfriendofhillary_via_flickr.jpg
      brian_frosh_by_mdfriendofhillary_via_flickr.jpg
      15.7 KB · Views: 209

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Baron von Frosh chimes in, encouraging finalization of the proposed rule.

Shocking, I know.

(disclosure - linked PDF contains weasel-words)

In addition to Maryland, the comment was joined by the Attorneys General of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia

yep, All Democrat governors too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom