• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Guys my head is spinning with options. Here's the low down. I want to build a range gun so I bought a full-size 80% frame.

So I'm thinking g17 or g34. I want an rmr cut since I have an rmr I can use. I want a threaded barrel to mess with my octane 45 at times.

Primary use will be 3 gun style shooting. But heres where I'm lost, theres so many options but I'm thinking its just guys with cnc programs. Id like a windowed slide for weight reduction, cuts for grip when press checking.
    But I dont want it looking like a space gun if that makes sense.

So far I like the brownells windowed g17 with brownells match barrel. The zev slides look nice along with grey ghost. Are there any others that dont look outrageous and are quality pieces?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wow, thanks man I think this is the ticket.

Do you recommend their brand barrel or someone else?

Their standard Lone Wolf barrels are good. Their Alphawolf barrels suck. They often times come with rough chambers. I have had trouble with this in several barrels in different calibers and different lengths. I've always been able to correct the problems with polishing, but you shouldn't have to do that with a premium barrel.

Lone Wolf Arms barrels are GTG.

It seems to be their only weak point, as I have used tons of their other parts. While you're at it, replace your OEM glock extractors with their Alphawolf stainless extractors. Those along with Gen 4-5 ejectors will all but alleviate stove pipe and extraction problems from your gun.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/PRODUCT/921655/aw-extractor/

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Guys my head is spinning with options. Here's the low down. I want to build a range gun so I bought a full-size 80% frame.

So I'm thinking g17 or g34. I want an rmr cut since I have an rmr I can use. I want a threaded barrel to mess with my octane 45 at times.

Primary use will be 3 gun style shooting. But heres where I'm lost, theres so many options but I'm thinking its just guys with cnc programs. Id like a windowed slide for weight reduction, cuts for grip when press checking.
    But I dont want it looking like a space gun if that makes sense.

So far I like the brownells windowed g17 with brownells match barrel. The zev slides look nice along with grey ghost. Are there any others that dont look outrageous and are quality pieces?

I put together a Brownells G34 slide and threaded barrel. Shoots supper nice on my gen 3 frame. Can’t comment on the Brownell’s slide and barrel.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I was looking for a stainless slide for my Gen 3 80 lower. I see glocktislides.com and osiris-tactical.... I saw the lone wolf but back ordered. the other two also have the option for RMR cut.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I got a Brownells Glock 17 slide with the RMR cut. It went together without an issue.

JMB

Jan 30, 2019
    Slides

I bought a Rockey Brass RMR slide for my build and am very happy with it. G19 Gen 3 though

ProofMark

Aug 5, 2021
    I’m building a PF940C to be a g23, and I’m currently in the same predicament. I don’t want it to look like a space gun, and I can’t find anything I seriously like. Im thinking I’ll just go with a rockslide w/o vents, but I don’t know.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’m building a PF940C to be a g23, and I’m currently in the same predicament. I don’t want it to look like a space gun, and I can’t find anything I seriously like. Im thinking I’ll just go with a rockslide w/o vents, but I don’t know.

That's what I did. They make a nice slide. I'm not a big fan of 'gills' on mt slides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom