• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Yup.
    Looking at her prior MDS posts, along with the show's trailer, I am confident the OP is legit and we have a real request on our hands.
    Now to find one of us who isn't fat and out of shape. We have the shooting part covered, but...

Yup, I apologize to the OP for my snarky reply....

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Sorry I didn't see these replies sooner, I thought I would get email alerts for each message...I'm a noob.

Surviving Mann is the first show from a new network called American Stories. Great people, cool stories.
    https://www.americanstoriesentertainment.com/

I'm not financially benefiting from the show and didn't compete well enough to win money. Except, I got to spend a week shooting for free and had too much fun :) Don Mann and I go back 20 years, he's simply an outstanding person in every way.

I'm technically with Meade Rifle & Pistol.
    @Masada Tactical, I already emailed this to BK, lol.

I guess I never did a self-intro post. Hi, I'm Lisa, I might have a gun problem, but I can quit anytime I want. Also a sci-fi and cyber nerd. You might have seen me around at events, but I'm too shy to talk to people. I don't go shooting often and need a shooting buddy to get me out of the house. I'd like to start doing IDPA or falling steel or 2-gun stuff at AGC. @Lisa_788 on Twitter.

Given that the show is not well advertised, applicants have a good chance of getting on. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Welcome to the clubhouse!

There is a Falling Steel match at AGC this Saturday that still has a few spots open. Very noob friendly and a ton of fun. If you register I will be one of the RSOs for the Kool Kids on Squad 4, stop by and introduce yourself.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=258648

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Yup.
    Looking at her prior MDS posts, along with the show's trailer, I am confident the OP is legit and we have a real request on our hands.
    Now to find one of us who isn't fat and out of shape. We have the shooting part covered, but...

lol yeah based on the fat and out of shape part I’m out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lisa788

Jan 13, 2019
    Yup, I apologize to the OP for my snarky reply....
    No worries, besides, I thought you were being earnest...apparently we're gonna need luck in finding someone from MDS to apply :D

Thanks Stoveman! I'm out of town the next few weeks though. My main problem is getting myself out of bed before the crack of noon....For the MSI & AGC events I've attended, everyone has been super welcoming and I've always appreciated that.

Yup.

I love that y'all came together to investigate my post :D I am out of shape and was worried about competing as well. There were contestants in their late 60s too. Don Mann assured us if we were mentally strong, we would be up to the task. He was right--we all persevered and helped each other along.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    This is pretty cool, going to check out the show, and welcome to MDS. Would be fun to try the challenges, but no way I would go on TV to do it.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    This is pretty cool, going to check out the show, and welcome to MDS. Would be fun to try the challenges, but no way I would go on TV to do it.

I nominate alucard0822 to represent MDS in the next installment of Surviving Mann!

OP, welcome. Hitting up any of the action shooting is easy. It's, just getting the gumption to get out there. Easy for me, I'm up at 5am most every day.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I nominate alucard0822 to represent MDS in the next installment of Surviving Mann!

OP, welcome. Hitting up any of the action shooting is easy. It's, just getting the gumption to get out there. Easy for me, I'm up at 5am most every day.

LOLZ, Wouldn't make it past the bio on the home page, everyone else, PD .mil etc. respectable pros in their field. Mine would start out promising then deteriorate quickly "Family man, avid outdoorsman, competes in BJJ and shooting sports, kind of an A-hole that enjoys evenings filled with girly mixed drinks, obscene cartoons, and S#!t posting.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    LOLZ, Wouldn't make it past the bio on the home page, everyone else, PD .mil etc. respectable pros in their field. Mine would start out promising then deteriorate quickly "Family man, avid outdoorsman, competes in BJJ and shooting sports, kind of an A-hole that enjoys evenings filled with girly mixed drinks, obscene cartoons, and S#!t posting.

:lol2:

During "get to know the players" they could make fun of you prancing around with a girly drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom