• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    My family took 2 shotguns to Germany, in 1968, when my dad got stationed over there, packed in blankets, in our shipped, crated furniture, they came back in the the same manner, in 1973, when our tour was up, along with about 500 bottles of wine.
    :innocent0

This is the way....love it.

OP amazing piece with known history. I wish it was still a simple process

Conductor

Mar 14, 2014
    Loudoun County, VA
    It has nothing to do with Nazi marked stuff and nothing about it changed under Reagan. GI personal imports of military surplus are still not allowed. Military surplus has to be imported by an FFL08 under a regular Form 6. They probably just told you Nazi marked as an easy way to distinguish military vs non military.

“No permit will be issued to import a surplus military firearm or, a firearm or ammunition which is not generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes, or a firearm as defined in 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)
    (e.g., machinegun, silencer, destructive device, short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun, etc.).”

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...nd-permit-importation-firearms-ammunition-and

I know a guy who managed to personally import a WWII P.38 when he was stationed in Germany in the 70s. They were told that they were not allowed to import any P.38 with a four digit serial number. He did anyway just to try his luck and managed to get it through customs.

Under the provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968, no military surplus firearms were allowed to be imported into the US by anyone. This did not change until 1986, when the Firearms Owners Protection Act was passed. In the early 1970s, Tom Nelson, owner of Odin International in Alexandria, bought a bunch of Winchester Model 92 44 caliber carbines from the government of Bolivia. Some of them were marked "Policia National de Bolivia", and were imported. There were some others that were marked "Guardia National" (National Guard) that BATF refused to allow into the US because they were considered to be military surplus. The whole "military surplus" thing was because Oswald used a milsurp rifle to shoot JFK.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Under the provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968, no military surplus firearms were allowed to be imported into the US by anyone. This did not change until 1986, when the Firearms Owners Protection Act was passed. In the early 1970s, Tom Nelson, owner of Odin International in Alexandria, bought a bunch of Winchester Model 92 44 caliber carbines from the government of Bolivia. Some of them were marked "Policia National de Bolivia", and were imported. There were some others that were marked "Guardia National" (National Guard) that BATF refused to allow into the US because they were considered to be military surplus. The whole "military surplus" thing was because Oswald used a milsurp rifle to shoot JFK.

It was a trade bill in 1984, not FOPA in 1986. It only applies to C&R military surplus imports by FFL08s.

https://www.atf.gov/file/55396/download

US troops looking to personally import a firearm on a Form 6 Part 2 (not to be confused with a regular Form 6) still cannot import military surplus to this day.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    So, I took a closer look at the holster when taking pictures to send over to Jerry Burney for an idea of the cost of restoration and decided to look up the proof marks. Seems this one is quasi-rare from what I saw without a deep dive? "epf 1941" which links it to Koenigs u. Bismarckhutte AG, Schweintochlowitz which was a steelworks at a sub-camp of the Auschwitz complex. Now, that doesn't make sense to me that holsters would be made at a steelworks, but I can't find anything else other than a list of German arms codes and factories which lists the above mentions camp/works and then another entry for epf with nothing but a '?' so that's helpful....

Attachments

• 20210818_204942.jpg
      20210818_204942.jpg
      66.9 KB · Views: 101
    • 20210818_204949.jpg
      20210818_204949.jpg
      63.7 KB · Views: 96
    • 20210818_205000.jpg
      20210818_205000.jpg
      65 KB · Views: 93
    • 20210818_205014.jpg
      20210818_205014.jpg
      75.8 KB · Views: 100
    Jul 1, 2012
    The epf / WaA195 is listed as "Karl Böcker, Waldbröhl, Rheinland 1941-42" per Hallock & de Kant "The Mauser Parabellum" p.667. On p 673 they show a 1940 Böcker holster and say that their code was "eqf"

That proof/code list shows Böcker as eqf and notes that epf is sometimes mistaken for Böcker and lists that company you referenced as epf. **

Since Böcker was a well-known and prolific holster manufacturer, and the other company seems like it wasn't remotely into leatherworks, I think the proof list is incorrect. The WaA195 inspector was assigned to the Cologne area in that time frame, so it's not a stretch to say that would cover a factory in the Rheinland. It's a pretty big stretch to say the inspector's area would extend all the way to Auschwitz, in Poland. That was probably inspector WaA77's turf :)

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Either way it's not a common holster. Jerry might be able to tell you more.

other examples:
    https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/1941-luger-holster-ww2-013018-12.html
    https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/1941-luger-holster-050218.html
    https://pre98.com/shop/preview-byf42-black-widow-luger-mint-sharp-rig-all-you-need-in-a-nazi-luger/
    (Scotty also calls it a Böcker)

** from "http://proofhouse.com/cm/ger_ord_codes.htm"
    epf Interessengemeinschaft fuer Bergbau u. Huettenbetrieb AG, Betriebsgruppe Bismarckhuette, Huettenwerk Falvahuette in Schwientochlowitz, Kreis Kattowitz, later 'Koenigs- u. Bismarckhuette A G' ... sometimes mistakenly associated with 'eqf'
    epf unknown
    eqf Karl Boecker, Lederwarenfabrik, Waldbroehl, Rheinland
    eqf Karl Bocker, Lederwarenfabrik, Waldbrohl, Rheinland

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom