• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    Think this might be my first gun show, would it be a good one for that

It's a smaller show (compared to York, Oaks, Dulles, etc.), but the last one, back in May, was a decent one, as far as MD shows go. If you're close, and have no other plans, it's not a bad way to spend an hour or two.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Anyone interested in meeting up for a quick breakfast before the show on Saturday. Maybe the Grill at Lisbon. Its about 5mi west of the show Woodbine Rd and Frederick Rd. They open at 7am.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    It has been years and year (decades) since going to a gun show.
    What can one expect at the howard county show??
    General AR parts and pieces? Magpul furniture? Barrels, hand guards, misc hardware pieces that are not worth paying shipping?
    Hunting guns? modern lever action ?

Thanks

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    General AR parts and pieces? Magpul furniture? Barrels, hand guards, misc hardware pieces that are not worth paying shipping?
    Hunting guns? modern lever action ?

Yes.

Since you specifically mentioned AR parts and pieces, I will suggest you look for Precision Arms' tables, usually in the back corner. You can't miss them, they have tall glass or plexiglass displays that look like a deli counter, probably 25-30 ft long on both sides of their display. They would have about every AR part you can imagine.

Per their web site it looks like they will be there.
    https://www.precisionfirearms.com/

It has been years and year (decades) since going to a gun show.
    What can one expect at the howard county show??

Compared with decades ago, one can expect much more AR stuff, far less milsurp stuff, and little or no bargain priced ammo to be found.

Oh, and nowadays they have handguns made with plastic frames. Many don't even have hammers or cylinders. ;)

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    I do love my S.S. Wheel guns and "Walnut and Steel" Rifles,, especially in the lever flavor..
    I am new to "black guns" in general but starting to take a keen interest.
    Shipping would kill ordering a part online here and there as I needed it, And LGS have to cover their cost of having a "brick and mortar" location so they are typ MORE than online incl shipping. No free lunch eh??
    When it comes down to it I would prefer to support local,, but man the prices.

Wondering if there was local sellers who sold only at shows??
    I am aging myself,, but I used to enjoy the shows at Annapolis Armory in the 80s??

So besides a Ruger 96/44 I would be looking for some AR accessories: Stocks, hand guards, new barrel?, and all small bits and pieces,,,
    I am being very optimistic,, But gonna try the local shows again.

Yes.

Since you specifically mentioned AR parts and pieces, I will suggest you look for Precision Arms' tables, usually in the back corner. You can't miss them, they have tall glass or plexiglass displays that look like a deli counter, probably 25-30 ft long on both sides of their display. They would have about every AR part you can imagine.

Per their web site it looks like they will be there.
    https://www.precisionfirearms.com/

Compared with decades ago, one can expect much more AR stuff, far less milsurp stuff, and little or no bargain priced ammo to be found.

Oh, and nowadays they have handguns made with plastic frames. Many don't even have hammers or cylinders. ;)

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    We will be setting up tomorrow for the show, will give a report in the evening on how it looks. On a better note, we are going to be doing some AWESOME show specials on new guns this weekend! Stop by and check them out!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    We will be setting up tomorrow for the show, will give a report in the evening on how it looks. On a better note, we are going to be doing some AWESOME show specials on new guns this weekend! Stop by and check them out!

What do you charge if one needs to do a long gun transfer at the show from another table where the seller is not an FFL?

Superreverb

Aug 29, 2009
    Western HoCo

Howdy, neighbor! :party29:

Are you all still at that location?

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    Not sure how prevalent levers are at these shows . . . But if anyone who attends should happen to see a Browning BLR or Henry Long Ranger please drop a line here. Many thanks in advance.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Not sure how prevalent levers are at these shows . . . But if anyone who attends should happen to see a Browning BLR or Henry Long Ranger please drop a line here. Many thanks in advance.
    We have a Henry Long Ranger in stock. It's pre-owned, but unfired in it's original box. I don't remember the caliber or the price.

Shop number is 410-526-1011 if you are interested in it / more info. We are open 10-3 tomorrow.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Finally finished setting up, looks like the building is mostly full as long as all the tables are occupied by tomorrow. We're right in the front as you come in, check out our show specials!!!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I got in and out early
    Sparsely attended so far.
    Reloading supplies but saw not primers ans limited powder
    SCSG had mosins , Enfields, mausers and other milsurp stuff
    Saw a 1943 P38 less than $1k but did not examine it further (back middle under a net cover)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom