• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Yeah, I don't load precision anymore. I'll buy an Area 419 or something if I decide to get back to that. Just not a priority.

Yep, I run a separate toolhead for initial brass prep. If I could cut out crimps fast, I'd totally be doing that.
    Compare it to some others. The Zero is a badass press. My friend is running one (was on the pre-order list and is buddies with one of the 419 shooters). Another guy has been running his redding t7 for years with great results. If I go away from si gle stage for precision, it would be hard to justify the zero after we did die swap tests comparing both presses for induced runout and seating consistency. I might go with the zero just to support Jon's shop.

I cut crimps but I grab a handful of cased after decap and spin the Bridgeport in my buddy's shop at about 200rpm. Have a 5c collet that fits a 50bmg chamfer tool in it. Just barely touch the pocket to it, done deal. I sort of wish Giraud had a trimmer head attachment for the job, then I could.watch TV while I worked. They have meplat trimmer heads but nothing for pocket crimps.....

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I started with a Lee Turret press probably 30 years ago, I would push my face into a fan before I used one now. It was horrible but I didnt know better and it was cheap.
    I have had a bunch of presses since and all are way better than the Lee.
    My main press for metallics is a Dylan 550B that I bought sometime in the mid 90's its great, versatile, and I no longer remember what it cost....
    I also have a RCBS Rockchucker and a Lyman All American Turret on the bench with a bunch of single stage and progressive MEC's.
    I cant emphasize enough how bad the Lee was quality wise and design wise, I assume the design is better now, it had no mechanical leverage then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom