• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DK Firearms

Industry Partner
    7.62x39 production is going to shift to Eastern European countries, think Poland, Serbia, Romania, and maybe even Ukraine.

The Russians had the steel case market locked down, where it wasn't worth it to make the ammo and ship it into the USA. That has just changed and there is a free for all going on over there to ramp up the steel case production and get it here at a price point to get the market share that is going out the window for the Russians.

There is a huge void and multiple competitors are going to jump to fill the void. Prices may jump but there will be downward pressure on prices as the competitors race to lockdown the void in the market. Give it some time and the price and supply will even out as these eastern european companies ramp up to fill the void.

Importers in the USA were over there playing the angles within 24 hours of the announcement. The invisible hand of the market is hard at work, filling the need. :D

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I put a ridiculous laminate thumbhole stock on it and a M1A style peep sight that mounts behind the dust cover through the take-down pin hole. It was the first centerfire rifle I ever owned.

Tech Sights? I put those on a Chinese Cowboy model, because the standard sights were getting to hard for these aging eyes.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    7.62x39 production is going to shift to Eastern European countries, think Poland, Serbia, Romania, and maybe even Ukraine.

The Russians had the steel case market locked down, where it wasn't worth it to make the ammo and ship it into the USA. That has just changed and there is a free for all going on over there to ramp up the steel case production and get it here at a price point to get the market share that is going out the window for the Russians.

There is a huge void and multiple competitors are going to jump to fill the void. Prices may jump but there will be downward pressure on prices as the competitors race to lockdown the void in the market. Give it some time and the price and supply will even out as these eastern european companies ramp up to fill the void.

Importers in the USA were over there playing the angles within 24 hours of the announcement. The invisible hand of the market is hard at work, filling the need. :D

I sure hope you're right!

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Tech Sights? I put those on a Chinese Cowboy model, because the standard sights were getting to hard for these aging eyes.

Yup, my eyes aren't very old but they've never been good. I put peep sights on all my lever guns too, I could never get consistent with the buckhorn style sight picture.

Hecktor Peabody

Boris Badinov
    Aug 22, 2018
    Southeastern PA
    Now that are supreme leader has put a ban on Russian import ammo is it worth picking up an SKS? I mean currently the ammo is available and affordable but how long will that last? Would like people's thoughts on this.

The ammo supply will be ok. There are at least two more years of Russian ammo imports coming. And other manufacturers will fill the supply line as the Russian import contracts expire-- because Capitalism.

If anything, now might be a really good time to by an sks or a7.62 AK as the ban panic may have the short term effect of lowering prices on these types of weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom