PM sent, but here's a picture of it.

Attachments

• DSCN1104.jpg
      DSCN1104.jpg
      92.9 KB · Views: 140

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The numbers are made up , but are of correct orders of magnitude to make the intended point :

90 % of Taurus are reliable , with expected levels of fit &finish .

98 % of major brand USA guns are likewise .

You could equally spin that as :

You probably won't have problems with a Taurus .

Taurus is 5x to 10x more likely to have problems .

( For context , prior to takeover by Taurus , you had 10% chance of Rossi Revolver Not being jacked . Ok , Ok , slight exaggeration . Maybe 20% actually worked .)

dweaver

Jun 8, 2013
    Washington Co. MD
    The numbers are made up , but are of correct orders of magnitude to make the intended point :

90 % of Taurus are reliable , with expected levels of fit &finish .

98 % of major brand USA guns are likewise .

You could equally spin that as :

You probably won't have problems with a Taurus .

Taurus is 5x to 10x more likely to have problems .

( For context , prior to takeover by Taurus , you had 10% chance of Rossi Revolver Not being jacked . Ok , Ok , slight exaggeration . Maybe 20% actually worked .)

My disgust for Taurus is not about their firearm quality or reliability and solely based on their horrid customer service. My experience was with one of their recalled handguns(PT-24/7 PRO DS in .40), which I personally had no problems with. Unfortunately, the lies from their service reps began before I ever shipped the firearm to them and continued well past them replacing it with a G2S two years later.
    A company can produce the best quality product in the world, but if you mis-treat, abandon, and lie to your consumers, I’ll pass my business elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    My disgust for Taurus is not about their firearm quality or reliability and solely based on their horrid customer service. … two years later.
    A company can produce the best quality product in the world, but if you mis-treat, abandon, and lie to your consumers, I’ll pass my business elsewhere.

Oh, the irony. ^My thoughts^ every time I sight down my M92 38/357 and see that crooked azz gold bead askew the vicinity (I’m being kind) top of front sight. But, to be fair, they only had my gun A YEAR before sending it back with that front sight EXACTLY as it was when they told me to send it back to them. I hope the new CEO’s “message / intentions” make it to the line in the Warranty / Repairs shop … :sad20:

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I bought a Taurus Tracker 627 in 357 magnum with a ported barrel several years back and have put a few hundred rounds through it without a hitch. So far, I've only fired 38 SPC from it, primarily because I scored some at good prices. It's one of my favorite shooters, and friends who've tried it at the range love it--men and women. Taurus quality might be hit and miss, and I was lucky enough to have a found a hit.

I have one of these. Of the handguns I lost overboard in that tragic boating accident ;), it was one of my favorites. I did swap out the squishy grip for a Hogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom