• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    No Utah NR. Ugh.

When I traveled through SC a couple years ago, I called their State Police to ask how I needed to handle carrying there. They told me basically I could have it in my vehicle as long as it wasn't on me directly. I asked if I could have it in my saddlebag (motorcycle) within reach and they said that was fine.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I have MD and NR Florida.
    I have MD, UT (nr) & PA (nr). Seriously considering Florida because one of my friends recently retired to FL and gave an open invite to come down & visit. If I drive down all pass thru states + destination would be covered.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have MD, UT (nr) & PA (nr). Seriously considering Florida because one of my friends recently retired to FL and gave an open invite to come down & visit. If I drive down all pass thru states + destination would be covered.

Exactly I spend 2 weeks a year and I’m covered for most of the states I travel. I could get NR PA but I’m not there often enough to make it worth it.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Exactly I spend 2 weeks a year and I’m covered for most of the states I travel. I could get NR PA but I’m not there often enough to make it worth it.
    I got PA because sometimes mrsbigjoe and I sometimes get a taste for a Philly cheesesteak and it only takes about a day to approve + it's only ~$25.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    I got PA because sometimes mrsbigjoe and I sometimes get a taste for a Philly cheesesteak and it only takes about a day to approve + it's only ~$25.

Quite a few locations process and issue it while you wait…..my wife went to a substation at an airport out towards Harrisburg……and a friend went to bucks county courthouse….both were in and out in about 15 mins with license in hand

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I've never heard of a state recognizing another states CCW unless there is reciprocity . This recent USCONCEALEDCARRY page disagrees that SC honors Maryland CCW .

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/sc-gun-laws/
    Here is what comes up when I put my permits in.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/re...cznMJU69Fw==|17cbb8aa6f50e696df017d0db27eaa93
    377a8972528998f8b372a10551ed0491.jpg

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    Following up to my previous post about my call and conversations with people at the number listed on the sled site.

I had gotten some not very confidence inspiring answers from the woman that answered the phone and then transferred me to another woman etc from yes it’s recognized, to no it’s not.. and when the person that said it was not, I said well on your sled site the map shows MD and DE permits are now recognized ….she said no they’re not .. I said can you take a look please she pulled up the website and said “oh well I guess they are now” … seems like a circus to me.

I asked to speak to someone that would be able to actually confirm for sure one way or the other. I was transferred to “the one on charge” left a voicemail ..about 2 weeks later I received a call back from a male who identified himself as a SC state police officer and he said that yes they had indeed both had been added to the honored list and that there was a memo sent to the rest in the department that this was a recent change.

I asked if he had a date if when the change took place, and if there was not an actual list as opposed to the map that could have been a fat finger mistake. He said no it’s just the map for the forward facing end. I asked if there was such a lack of communication and updating in the department that handled it would it be logical to assume that one should expect to have their hands full trying to convince/prove on the roadside you are within the law to an officer that didnt “get the memo” he said no that officer would verify through sled ….so it to me still seems precarious

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis

Except I’m pretty sure a PA permit isn’t valid in Philadelphia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom